CH 15: Unexpected Answers

All Might's face went pale as a cold sweat began forming on his brow.

Kosuke's eyes subtly widen, detecting the fear in his hero's gaze.

"I figured All Might knew something, but I didn't expect him to react like this... he looks as if he's seen a ghost... Why? What could evoke such fear from someone like him?"

"Yes... I know of such a power. Why do you ask?" All Might questions, now looking at Kosuke with wary eyes. 

Kosuke swiftly perked up upon hearing the news, delighted that his hypothesis had proven correct. This could mark the initial stride in his quest to unravel the mysteries of his past. However, the hero's response unsettled him. A faint trace of suspicion lingered in the All Might's gaze. Kosuke knew he had to act swiftly before that suspicion intensified. 

"I happened to overhear a conversation among some officers discussing that nomu creature. They said it had multiple quirks. Given what occurred at the USJ, I'm worried that the villains might have acquired a capability to acquire and transfer quirks somehow," Kosuke reveals, his concern evident.

He knew this excuse was far from Ideal, but it was the best thing he could come up with on the spot.

The top-ranked hero lets out a breath, casting his gaze downward and pinching the bridge of his nose, appearing to be in a more relaxed state.

"That Nomu... you... you weren't supposed to know any of that, but now that you do, I'm going to ask that you keep it a secret. Such information was not intended to be disclosed to the public," another deep sigh, "Those officers should have known better to discuss such things aloud..."

He runs a hand through his golden hair. 

"I suppose I have no other option. You strike me as someone with a curious nature, and I sense that you won't simply let this go. Just please promise me you won't tell Young Midoriya any of this. I must be the one to tell him, and I would like it to be after the festival. He's going to need to be at his best, and I don't want him worrying." 

"Come now, All Might. Unlike Izuku, I know how to keep secrets... trust me."

All Might gestures back to the couch, waiting for Kosuke to sit. He pours more tea, handing him a cup. Kosuke's excitement grew as he sat, taking the cup of steaming jasmine tea with thanks. After taking a long sip, he carefully set his drink on the coffee table, his eyes fixed eagerly on All Might, silently urging him to continue with more details.

He takes a shaky breath, "There are individuals who possess the ability to steal quirks. It's a rare power that has only been known to exist in one person..." He sighs, pausing for a moment before continuing, "...and it is this person who is responsible for my injury."

"Who are they?" 

He looks down, lowering his hands to his knees while placing his fingertips together as he becomes lost in thought for a moment before continuing. 

"This man has been a bane to the existence of this world ever since quirks began appearing."

He looks back up at Kosuke.

"During the initial panic that followed the introduction of quirks, he preyed on people's fears and vulnerabilities, enticing them with promises of power in exchange for their unwavering loyalty. Through this manipulation, he managed to amass a significant following, establishing himself as the most formidable and treacherous individual alive. From the shadows, he exerted control over Japan, his influence permeating every aspect of society."

"He controlled all of the country...?"

"If someone possessed such immense power and control, one might expect their name to be recorded in history books," Kosuke ponders.