Just the beginning

"Come on Amelia we don't have all day, your planes going to take off without you!" Mom shouts into my door. I'm not even late. I throw my last thing - my toothbrush - into my suitcase, zip it up, and drag it to the stairs. I didn't think this through. I chuck my suitcase down the stairs and run after it. "Watch out mom!" I shout to down the stairs. My mom dodged my suit case and gave me the look. "That could've hit mom, Amelia." My brother, Milo smirks. I roll my eyes at him, and collect my suitcase, continuing to drag it to the door.

"WAKE UP!" Milo shouts into my ear, not even trying to be gentle. "Gosh could you be any louder?" I mumble, adjusting to the light. "Do you want to see?" He smirks as I stare at him with disbelief. I walk behind the car and grab my suitcase. "Want me to take it?" Milo offers. Maybe he'd struggle like me and suffer. Now that you put it that way.. "sure!" I utter, dropping my suitcase, which lands in the floor. "Where's that instinct of yours?" I utter poking his cheek.

Inside, the airport smells like coffee, and fries. Ew. I make my way toward my gate number - 28 - while Milo and my dad go to put my suitcase through the machine that eats it. When I reach my gate, I sit down and pull out my phone. Xavi left me a message.

(Conversation between Xavi and Amelia)
Uncle 💙
Hey mi sobrina, let me know when you get in.

Amelia ❤️
Yep sure. I'll be getting on the plane in like 10 minutes anyway, can't wait to see you

(End of conversation)

I look up from my phone and see Milo standing there. "What are you staring at? And why are you doing that? You're being weird." I utter quickly.
"Hm, well your flights being boarded if you didn't hear" he replies. I stand up quickly, hug my parents and - to my disgust - Milo, and run to the line. How didnt I hear? When it's finally my turn in the line, they scan my ticket and let me go through to the plane.

I walk onto the plane, and through to first class. My uncle insisted I got first class, for whatever reason that made it so important. But hey, I'm not complaining. It's a full on bed with a tv? This isn't a plane this is a whole hotel. I walk to my seat, and whooo this girl is comfyyyyy. I melt into the bed, put my AirPods in, and as the plane takes off, I doze off.

I wake up from somebody shaking me, saying the plane has just landed. I let my eyes flutter open and look around to see the one other person in this part of the plane, stand up and grab their stuff. I decide to push myself off of the bed and quickly grab my phone and AirPods, and run to the stairs of the plane. As soon as I step foot off of the plane, the warm air hugs me and suddenly, I feel at home. this is where it all begins.