3. begin again

CHAPTER THREE

"Em, who's that girl you're always with? Is she your girlfriend?"

Emily turned to look at Hailey with a curious grin,

"Why do you ask?"

Hailey shrugged and quickly came up with an excuse,

"No reason. She's just always with you and I saw you holding her hand after you left the meeting."

The second those words came out of Hailey's mouth, Emily knew what was going on.

"No, she's not my girlfriend. Her names Taliah, she's my best friend. She's staying here for a couple of days, remember."

Hailey nodded, deciding to let go of the subject, not wanting any suspicion to rise from Emily. As Hailey walked away to her room, Emily called out to her,

"Oh! By the way, she's very single!"

Hailey shook her head and shut her door. As soon as she got on her bed she went straight to instagram. She decided to do what she did best, stalking.

Clicking on Emily's instagram, she scrolled down and found tons of pictures of her and Taliah. She even found a few of Taliah going to some of the Lousville games. Hailey was surprised she had never noticed Taliah at the games. She was sure she would remember someone like her.

Carefully, she clicked on Taliah's profile, making sure not to view her story or accidentally follow her. As she scrolled down to pictures from years ago, she couldn't help but have a smile on her face.

That smile quickly went away when she accidentally double-tapped on a post from five years ago.

"Fuck! Emily! Come here!"

Hailey panicked, she didn't know what to do so she decided to tell Emily about it. She quickly heard footsteps and Emily popped her head through the door,

"What happened? Are you okay?"

Hailey got up from her bed and started pacing around her room,

"No! I'm not okay! I accidentally liked her post from years ago!"

Emily stared at her with a dumbfounded look and started laughing, making Hailey throw a pillow at her head.

"Emily! It's not funny! I don't even follow her, she's gonna think i'm weird!"

Once she had calmed down, Emily shook her head and said,

"Hailey, relax. She probably didn't even notice! She's out with a friend right now she won't be home, you're fine."

Emily had spoken too soon. A few seconds later, she got a notification on her phone.

"Actually, forget I said that. You're screwed."

Emily looked down at her phone, seeing a notification from Taliah.

Tills
em, who's hailey van lith?

Emily looked up at Hailey, giving her a grimaced look as she turned her phone to show her the notification. Hailey looked at her with wide and panicked eyes.

Em
why do you ask?

Tills
i saw she liked my post but she doesn't follow me. do you know her?

Em
yeah something like that

Tills
that sounds suspicious, but okay

A few minutes after, Hailey also got a notification on her phone. She looked down at her phone, and then at Emily, turning her phone to now show her the notification.

[haileyvanlith] taliahtillyyy started following you
[notreallyhvl] ttrodsss requested to follow you

"Oh my god, how long should I wait? Can you check my account to see if it looks good? Should I delete some posts?"

Emily chuckled at how nervous her roommate was, she had never seen her like that, especially not over someone she had never even met.

A few minutes after Hailey had calmed down, she had accepted Taliah and followed her back.

"Mia! She accepted! Hurry, let's lurk."

The more Taliah started scrolling through Hailey's finsta, the more curious she got.

Taliah noticed that Hailey had just posted today, she turned her phone over to Mia and showed her the post.

notreallyhvl

liked by moreofehmaly and othersnotreallyhvl, i'm loving taylor swift rn 🪩

notreallyhvl, i'm loving taylor swift rn 🪩

Taliah gasped as soon as she saw that caption. It had been a long night filled with drinking, and without thinking, she texted her best friend.

Emily soon got a notification on her phone. Raising her eyebrows once she saw what it said.

Tills
em, please, just put me on with her.