Thirty Five

Noor felt the sting of Zaviyaar's harsh words pierce through her heart. She took a deep breath, trying to steady herself amidst the storm of emotions. Her gaze met Zaviyaar's, a glimmer of sadness mixed with unwavering determination in her eyes.

"Zaviyaar, you're blinded by your own frustrations and disappointments," Noor replied, her voice steady yet filled with empathy. "You're mistaking the trials and hardships of life for a lack of blessings from Allah. It's not about the position or treatment we receive in this world. It's about how we carry ourselves and find strength in our faith. Allah's blessings are not always tangible or immediate, but they exist in the form of guidance, patience, and inner peace."

Zaviyaar's anger wavered slightly as he absorbed Noor's words. He realized that his bitterness had clouded his judgment, causing him to overlook the intangible gifts bestowed upon him. Yet, a part of him still resisted, his pride refusing to yield.

"But what about happiness and fulfillment, Noor?" Zaviyaar questioned, his voice tinged with doubt. "Can you honestly say that you're truly content with the life you lead? Aren't you yearning for something more?"

"No, Zaviyaar," Noor replied firmly, her gaze unwavering. "Happiness and contentment are not determined by worldly desires or external circumstances. It comes from finding peace within oneself, from connecting with Allah and living a life that aligns with His teachings. It may be a different path than yours, but it brings a profound sense of purpose and tranquility."

The room fell into a heavy silence as the weight of their differing perspectives lingered. Noor and Zaviyaar stood there, facing each other, their hearts and minds locked in a battle of beliefs. Despite the divide between them, Noor maintained her resilience and compassion, hoping that her words would eventually find a place in Zaviyaar's heart.

"I have to go," Noor finally said, her voice tinged with sadness. "Daadi needs me. We may not see eye to eye on everything, Zaviyaar, but I hope you can respect my choices and understand the importance of staying true to oneself."

Zaviyaar watched as Noor walked away, a mix of emotions churning within him. He realized that perhaps he had allowed his own desires and frustrations to cloud his judgment. As he reflected on their conversation, a seed of introspection took root in his heart, urging him to reevaluate his priorities and the significance of faith in one's life.

Daniyal was thrilled to find an apartment that he could already imagine sharing with Rabail and creating beautiful memories together. However, his excitement was dampened by his growing worry about Khalifa. He had been trying to call him repeatedly, but Khalifa wasn't picking up. Daniyal realized that Harris bhai was right, he had trusted too quickly and made a mistake by giving Khalifa the money in advance.

Getting frustrated, Daniyal called Khalifa one more time, hoping for a response. "Khalifa, where are you, bhai? I've been trying to reach you for an hour!"

Khalifa apologized, "I'm sorry, Sahib jee. I didn't have a place to stay last night, so I ended up sleeping outside. It wasn't comfortable at all."

Daniyal was annoyed but tried to explain, "I didn't give you the money to hold onto. Use it to find a motel where you can stay temporarily until you find a more permanent place. On second hand, come here, I can help you find a place to stay. I'll send you my location. Hurry up and come!"

Khalifa rushed to Daniyal's location, a cunning smile playing on his lips. He knew he had deliberately ignored Daniyal's calls, and now he had to come up with a convincing excuse. As he arrived, he put on a facade of innocence, trying to conceal his true intentions.

"Sahib jee, I'm really sorry for not answering your calls," Khalifa said, feigning concern. "I had some urgent matters to attend to, and my phone was on silent mode. Please forgive me."