Entomophobia

That bike ride really wore them out. It sent them back to Connor's flat for a shower and a sleepover.

By the time it was Brad's turn to shower, the dishes were done, Tristan and James found some of their clothes on the place, and dinner was on its way to the flat.

All eyes were focused on a football game replaying on the telly until...

"GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS!!!"

The boys could have sworn the neighbours heard that scream.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

They all immediately got up from the couch and ran to where Brad's voice was coming from calling for help; the bathroom.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

James slammed the door into the bathroom. As soon as Brad realised that someone had entered the bathroom, he screamed for help.

"GET IT OUT! GET IT OUT!"

Everyone looked around for something they, clearly, didn't know what it was.

"GET IT OUT!!!"

"WHAT THING!?" James responded.

"FUCK!!! THE INSECT!!!"

"WHERE IS IT!!!?" Tristan asked.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

"ANYONE SEEN IT YET!!!?" James asked.

"GET IT OUT NOW!!!"

"THERE'S NOTHING HERE!!!" Tristan exclaimed.

"NO FUCKING WAAAAAAAAAY!!!"

"GUYS!" Tristan and James looked at Connor.

"SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!"

"I think I know where it is." Connor turned his gaze in the direction of the shower causing his two friends do the same. Fortunately, they couldn't see Brad naked because there was a glassdoor blocking their view through it. But someone would have to get the insect, that caused Brad to scream in despair, out of there.

"MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!"

"You do it." They both said in unison as they ran out of the bathroom to close the door leaving Connor inside.

"IDIOTS!!!"

"COOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!"

"I'M COMING! JUST WAIT!"

"GOD, IT'S GETTING CLOSER!"

"I'M COMING IN!" Connor yelled so his friend was ready for the situation.

Connor ran the glassdoor stepping into the shower right away. That small place was covered in vapor. And if it prevented him from seeing his friend, how on earth would he find the insect.

"GET IT AWAY FROM ME!"

"WHERE IS IT!?"

"THERE!!!"

"WHERE IS 'THERE'!?"

"ON THE WALL!"

"WHICH ONE!?"

"YOUR RIGHT!"

Connor turned to his right.

"I MEANT MY RIGHT."

"YOUR RIGHT!?"

"YOUR LEFT!"

"HOW THE FUCK-!?"

"LEFT! LEFT! LEFT!"

Connor didn't care about getting his clothes wet again, so he stepped fully into the shower with Brad, who was leaning back in the corner trying to make himself small.

Brad blushed at the sight of Connor standing in front of him. He immediately covered his lower body with both his hands.

"Really? We've seen each other naked so many times. I don't understand why you cover yourself now."

"Are you going to get the insect out or not?"

"Yes, but I don't happen to see it. Where is it?"

"On that wall."

"Wait."

Brad watched Connor's silhouette move across the small place. Instantly, the younger boy disappeared from his sight.

"Con?"

There was no response.

"You got it?"

He was not getting an answer.

"Con?"

"GOT IT! GOT IT!" Connor shouted triumphantly.

"GOD, YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!"

"The cricket or me?" Connor showed Brad the insect now in the palm of his hand.

"GET IT AWAY FROM ME!"

"But he's harmless."

"GET AWAY WITH IT!"

"A cricket can't do anything to you."

"I DON'T CARE!"

"Look at him." He pulled him closer to Brad, getting another scream out of him.

"JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!!!"

"I'm leaving."

"YEAH! GET OUT!"

When Brad thought he was safe, Connor didn't hesitate to tease him again.

"IT JUMPED OUT OF MY HAND!"

"NOT AGAIN!!!"

"Just kidding, just kidding!"

"FUCKING IDIOT!"

"You're afraid of a cricket. Who's the idiot now?"

"GET OUTTA HERE!!!"

"Alright, alright! I'm leaving!"

Connor slammed the glassdoor shut behind him with the intention of leaving the bathroom, but he couldn't leave without annoying Brad one last time. He slammed the glassdoor open again and....

"IT'S GONNA EAT YOU!!!"

"SON OF A BITCH..."

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

"ASSHOLE! GET OUT!"

The blue-eyed boy exited the bathroom to find the other two scaredy-cats outside.

"False alarm. It was a cricket." Connor said.

"And how did it get in there?" James asked curiously.

"I guess when I fed Pluto I didn't close the container, that holds his food, properly."

"And all that screaming over a cricket?" Tristan asked incredulously.

"Yes, you idiot. You know I'm scared of insects." Brad confessed once he was behind them.

"The only thing it can do to you is get on your body." James said.

"Just that, huh?"

"Oh, it's gonna jump on you!"

"Fuck you, Connor!" Brad ran away heading to the younger boy's room to get dressed.

"You scared poor the cricket!"

"YEAH, SURE!"

Connor put the cricket away and along with James and Tristan ran into the living room again to make fun of their friend as dinner arrived.