• Chapter III •

Chapter Three

After walking into Nolan's house, I see a bunch of parents and sibling mingling with each other. I easily spot Rutger and Molly's parents Cindy and Jim, with Frank's parents, Gina and Frank. Frank's sisters, Amanda, Gina, and Victoria are also here, I just don't know where they are.

Mrs. Nazar was talking about how Frank being drafted to Chicago was a big relief because it was one of the closer teams to them. Cindy spots me and waves me over to the group. Mrs. Nazar looks over to where she's waving to. I shuffle over quickly and Cindy gives me a bone crushing hug.

"Marin I've missed you so much. You wouldn't believe how many facetimes I've been on with the kids and half of it is just talking about you." She lets go and brings me over to the drinks table.

"What would you like, honey? We have Malibu, Jack, Captain Morgan, wine, anything!"

The thing about her is that she doesn't care about underage drinking, to an extent. She also knows that this is not my first time dealing with alcohol.

"I'll just have a Coke, but thank you so much Cindy. I really appreciate it." She hands me a Coke out of the cooler and smiles. She walks away back to her husband after rubbing my arm.

I find Ethan really quickly, who's by TJ Hughes. They're laughing at something on TJ's phone until Ethan looks up and sees me standing in front of him.

"Hey TJ! How's your summer?" I quickly hug him. I'm a good 5'8", meaning we're almost the same height.

"It's going good. Been a good off-season with the fam. They're out of town today so they couldn't come." He says, taking a swig of his beer.

"Why didn't you go with them? Dev camp?" I ask.

"Yeah. Had to get out to Washington."

"Let's hope you get signed soon, Teej." I give him a warm smile and turn to Ethan.

"We have to go find mom and dad real quick. Brett didn't want to come."

"Mare, I know. He talks to me more than he talks to you." We both say bye to TJ and started looking around for our parents. I spot them and start walking over with Ethan behind me. I get stopped by a few families on the way, but eventually make it there.

"Mom! Dad! I missed you guys so much!" I say excitedly, having not seen them in 6 months, around Christmas time.

"Hey, Mare Bear! Missed you so much." Dad pulls me into a hug until turning to Ethan and giving him a hug, too. Mom looks at me, her eyes traveling across my face, and a humongous smile grows on her face. A tear slips from her eye.

"My baby's all grown up. I just can't believe it, Lee." Dad hugs her quickly until excusing the two of them.

"Tara get it together, honey, now we get to have time for just us!" His voices dies down as he gets further and further away. I look at Ethan and he's trying so hard to hold back his laughter. I flick his forehead and walk away to find other people. I bump into Mackie, almost knocking myself over.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, Marin."

"It's okay, Mackie. How've you been, hotshot?"

"It's been good! My teammates in Charlotte have been great and I'm glad to be playing there!" He takes a drink of whatever is in his cup.

"That's so great! When do you think you'll be up in Florida? Anytime soon?"

"Hopefully. Dev camp went well. How are you doing with school? Grades good?" He tries to put on a stern voice, but fails miserably making us laugh.

"Yeah my grades are good. Passing all my classes, all of that."

Nolan's voice booms from the front, asking people to help him with the ice in his trunk.

"Let's go help him so that he stops whining like a little baby." Mackie winks at me and throws his arm over my shoulder. We start walking towards the front and see his trunk loaded up with at least 5 bags of ice. I bring one to the back and set it down on the ground next to a cooler.

"Geez, muscles. Look how strong you are!" Rutger says from behind me and I immediately stand up laughing.

"Soon enough I'll be stronger than you." He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Get Sunny and tell her you guys'll be in the pool in 10." He tells me and walks off.

I venture off to find her and she's talking to Luke's parents, Ellen and Jim.

"Ellen, Jim, it's so good to see you and I hate to do this but I need Sunny for a bit." I hug them.

"No problem, honey." Ellen kisses mine and Sunny's cheeks and Jim fist bumps us. Sunny and I start walking away from them.

"What do you need?" Sunny tilts her head at me.

"Rut told me to tell you to go into the pool. I'm assuming with him and Johnny." I slightly smile at her but she playfully rolls her eyes.

"God what'd you do this time?"

"I may have said I'd be stronger than him one day."

"Ugh I hate you so much." She grabs my hand and we go upstairs to get out of the clothes we were in, having our swimsuits underneath.

word count: 917

I'm so sorry this took for fucking ever summer school has been kicking my ass recently so it took a bit. Hope you liked this one and sorry it's sorta a cliff hanger again. This night is kinda taking forever but I mean it'll end soon promise.

I have like no questions for this chapter.

Stay safe, drink lots of water, and remember your worth! Love you babies!

-keira