• Chapter IV •

Chapter Four

^^^^ LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS PIC OK

When we walk down to the water and go onto the steps to get in, my neon blue top reflects against the water.

Once I'm on the second step, I get pushed into the water fully, making me really cold. Once I'm above the water and wipe my eyes, I turn around to see who it was, and obviously, it was Rutger.

I scowl at him as he cackles out a laugh. Once he stops, he quickly runs over to the side of the pool by the deep end and jumps in, splashing parents and friends in the process. I lose him in the water for a second until I feel a hand grip around my ankle, pulling me towards the deeper end of the pool.

He comes up with his wet hair in his eyes, making me laugh. His head shakes, sending water droplets everywhere. More water moves around and Sunny walks down the stairs into the pool. Luke screams.

"Cannonball!" His whole body submerges into the water, splashing everyone standing around the pool. Once he comes up, he goes over to Rutger.

"Come here, cutie." Rutger laughs when Luke curls up into his arms like a baby.

"God they're like little kids." Sunny whispers in my ear.

"And we just figured this out?" I whisper back, making her laugh quietly.

"Alright guys let's actually do what we came in here for." Rutger claps his hands once and moves all of the floaties out of the way.

"Rut, you're the only one that knows what we're doing." I cross my arms, but immediately uncross them after a certain someone's eyes travel down to them.

"N-n-no. Luke knows." He stutters. I raise my eyebrow, smirking.

I feel a presence underneath my legs, lifting me out of the water. Light brown hair covers Luke's eyes and I move it away from them so that he can see. He has a tight grip on my shin so that I don't fall.

"Hey, Lukey Pookey." I pat his head gently. He looks up at me and smiles like a little kid.

"Rutger, I can't pick you up! You'd break my back! You're too heavy!" Sunny yells at him as he tries to get on her shoulders.

"Are you calling me fat!? I'm so offended!" He dramatically puts his hand on his heart.

"Roger why do you think one of your nicknames is fridge?" Luke's body vibrates when he talks.

"Hey you should be on my side!" He accusingly points a finger at Luke.

We all know that it's just his muscles that make him the 205 pounds that he is. And we can see his abs very clearly.

"Okay! Can we just get this over with? I'm hungry and food's almost done." Sunny says, all annoyed.

Rutger looks at her and she goes under water. He adjusts himself onto her shoulders and she comes up, stumbling a little.

"See! I'm not gonna break you!" He yells at her as she starts moving closer to Luke.

"Hi." She looks at him.

"Hi." He says back, examining her face and smiling softly. They start moving closer together, giving each other a peck on the lips, making Rutger's legs touch mine. My skin burns from the contact.

"3, 2, 1, go!" Sunny happily says. My arms reach towards Rutger's immediately after she says that. My hands latch around his wrists and his latch around mine. His biceps flexing makes me lose focus for a couple seconds, looking at the way they move.

Once I gain my focus back, I push at him, Sunny stumbling back a little. He retaliates, but Luke holds his ground.

This goes on for a few more minutes, nobody budging, until I lose my strength and go flying back. My back hits the water and I hold my breath, preparing myself to go underwater.

Once I come up, Sunny and Rutger are celebrating their win, high-fiving and chest bumping. He looks over towards me with the biggest smirk on his face. I roll my eyes, smiling. He quickly walks over to me and takes me in his arms.

"I'm better, Mare."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I playfully push his chest.

Sunny and Luke get out of the pool, scurrying away quickly to the food.

"Come on, Lovebirds, food's ready." Seamus comes to get us.

"Hey Seamus! I missed you so much!" I try sprinting out of the pool and almost slip on the steps. I run up to him and throw my arms around his neck, his going around my shoulders. Rutger comes up and wraps his left arm around me and his right arm around Seamus.

I elbow his stomach.

"Come on you've seen Seamus, I haven't." He squeezes harder. We all let go and get into a small conversation while walking over to the food. I grab a burger bun and a patty. I put lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and pickles on it. Ketchup and mustard goes onto the top bun.

••• Time Skip to after they're done eating •••

We're all sitting around the fire, enjoying each other's company. I'm laying down on a blanket with the McGroartys. Molly's on my left, Rutger on my right. My head is on her chest and her arm is around my shoulders.

"Hey Rut? Can you get me a water please?" Molly lightly says to her brother.

"Sure, yeah. Marin do you want anything?" He gets up and looks over to me.

"No thanks." I close my eyes and hear him walk away.

"Love you, Mare." Molly brushes the stray hairs from my braids away from my face.

"Love you, too, Mol." I curl up into her side and slowly drift off to sleep.

Word Count: 950

Oh my god this chapter was long and took forever so I'm so sorry for that but anyways! What do you think of this one I don't really like it but it's wtv.

What do you think is going to happen with everybody?

Do you think two people could be getting together soon?

Love you guys sm thank you for reading!