Chapter 5 Part 2

Heaven's POV:

Felipe and I met our incredibly friendly teachers. I was surprised to learn that our main teacher is Mr. Pascal. Despite his age and short height, he is a genuinely kind teacher. His dog, Asta, is also adorable. Currently, Felipe and I are waiting outside the classroom for Professor Pascal to call us in.

"Good morning, students," greeted Professor Pascal to his class.

"Good morning, Professor Pascal," replied all the students.

"I hope everyone is having a great morning today. We have two new students joining us. You two can come in now," said Professor Pascal, gesturing for Felipe and me to enter.

As Felipe and I walked into the classroom, I noticed Liv and Andy's faces filled with surprise.

"You two can introduce yourselves," instructed Professor Pascal.

"Hi, I'm Heaven Baker. I'm 12 years old. I used to attend Louis Armstrong Junior High School in Queens, but I recently moved to Manhattan with my mom to live with my brother and dad. I hope we can be friends," I said with a smile.

"Hi, I'm Felipe Baker, Heaven's brother. I used to go to another junior high school called East Side in Manhattan. Initially, I lived with just my dad, but now my sister and mom live with us. I hope we can be friends too, I guess," Felipe said, offering a hesitant smile.

"Thank you, Heaven and Felipe. Heaven, you can take a seat next to Andy, and Felipe, you can sit behind Andy," directed Professor Pascal, indicating our assigned seats.

Andy's POV:

I was surprised when the two new students turned out to be my cousins. It suddenly made sense why my parents had been acting strangely yesterday and this morning.

"Heaven," I said as she sat down behind me. "Hey, it's good to see you after such a long time."

"We can talk later," Heaven replied with a smile.

"Sure, no problem," I said, turning my attention back to Professor Pascal. Felipe, on the other hand, completely ignored me when I tried to say hello. I decided to focus on the class instead.

After school, I waited for my cousins while standing with Liv and Mike, feeling relieved that the school day was finally over. Suddenly, someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned around to find Heaven and Felipe standing there.

"Hey, Heaven and Felipe! How was your first day of school here?" I asked.

"It was great," Felipe replied, his smile seeming a bit forced.

"I've missed you so much, cousin!" Heaven exclaimed as she hugged me tightly.

"I've missed you too, Heaven. It's been a while, right?" I said, returning the hug.

"Yeah, it has. It's good to see you again," Felipe chimed in with a quick smile, although it seemed somewhat insincere.

"Same here," I smiled back.

"Oh my gosh, Liv! It's so good to see you, bestie!" Heaven exclaimed, hugging Liv tightly.

"It's great to see you too, Heaven. It's been too long," Liv giggled and hugged Heaven back.

"Good to see you, Liv," Felipe added, and Liv smiled in response.

"By the way, are they your cousins?" Mike asked, gesturing towards Heaven and Felipe. Charlie was standing beside him.

"Yes, they are. This is Heaven, and that's her brother, Felipe," I explained as Felipe shrugged indifferently.

"I'm Mike. A pleasure to meet both of you," Mike greeted, smiling warmly.