Opus 19

Day 16 (Part I)

Staring at his reflection in the mirror, Midorima Shintaro deeply groaned. The dark circles around his emerald eyes were visible---proof of his lack of sleep the night before.

No. It wasn't his fault that he couldn't sleep. And it certainly wasn't his fault that he couldn't stay still either.

It's SillySweetheart's fault.

It's all Iris' fault.

It's his girlfriend's fault.

At the thought, a blush rose up to his cheeks. He grunted in exasperation then ran his slender fingers through his silky, green locks.

"Stupid," he mumbled before tugging his shirt over to his head and then unzipping his pants. Tossing his discarded clothes above the bed, he stepped inside his bathroom with a soft sigh.

He was going to have a long day ahead of him.

-- ♥ --

For the third time, Midorima checked the time on his phone. Fifteen minutes past eight.

And she strictly told me not to come late. Tch.

But then, he could use it to his advantage since he wasn't all ready to meet her just yet. He was wondering what she looks like? Is she pretty? Ugly? Tall? Small? Older? Younger? Well, she writes like a mature grown-up so maybe she really is older.

He preferred she is..

His type had always been older women since he's not that good in dealing with kids. Takao Kazunari's attitude was already enough for him, any more childishness would probably make him lose his mind.

Riiingg. Riiingg. Riiinggg.

The ringing of his phone pulled him out of his trance. He read the caller ID first before flipping it open to answer Takao's call.

"What do you want-nanodayo?" He asked in an annoyed tone, looking around to make sure the point guard was nowhere in sight.

"Where are you? Basketball practice is going to start any minute now. Coach is looking for you." Takao's voice on the other line sounded so urgent.

The greenette nearly slapped his forehead---he had totally forgotten about it. "I'll be there-nanodayo. Just tell him I'm going to be late, I have something important to do right now."

"But you've never been late before, Shin-chan! What is happening to you?!"

Iris is happening to me.

But instead of saying that, he hung up and stared at his phone like the proper answer to the question was written there. What exactly was happening to him? He must've gone insane. Instead of going to practice, he was there waiting for a girl he'd never even met before.

A complete stranger.

Well, he knew nothing about her except her name and that she's a writer in Wattpad. Her name is Iris. But Iris who?

Crap. He was definitely crazy.

He didn't even know his girlfriend's last name!

A few seconds more, a black limousine stopped right in front of him. He kept his phone inside his pocket and watched with curious eyes as a man dressed in a black suit came out of the driver's seat. The man turned around to the backseat and opened the door.

"Thank you, Taki-chan." A girl's voice spoke.

Midorima raised a brow, stepping aside, thinking that it probably was a costumer wanting to eat inside the establishment. However, it was strange how he couldn't tear his gaze away from the backseat of the car. Anticipation was dancing in his green hues as he waited for the girl to get out.

She swung her feet down to the ground and a pair of cream-coloured shoes came into view. The man guided her up and out of the vehicle, giving Midorima a full view of her. With wide eyes, he stared at her entirety.

She was wearing a flower-patterned baby pink sleeveless dress, imposing her long legs and smooth skin that shone through the sun's radiant rays. Her straight black hair was framing her face perfectly and her deep brown eyes seemed to allure anyone who would stare at them.

If Snow White was real, this girl would definitely be counting poisoned apples by now.

But wait..

She couldn't be-- Is she?

Midorima blinked his eyes, swallowing the imaginary lump in his throat. He watched the girl as she flipped her long hair then took a step towards him gracefully. Still in doubt, Midorima only stayed frozen on his spot.

"Why didn't you wait for me inside?" The girl asked, her brown gaze was now directed to him as the man in black remained watching her back.

Midorima opened his mouth but none came out. He couldn't believe it. She was talking to him.

Wait. She was, wasn't she?

"Hey," she giggled softly, as if in amusement. "I'm talking to you KingofThreePointers."

With that said, he cleared his throat once again---successfully swallowing up his nervousness. "You're SillySweetheart?"

She smiled sweetly, completely taking his breath away. "I am."

"Yamazaki-sama, if you'll excuse me," the man behind her started. "Maybe you should get inside, it's not safe here."

"It's alright, Taki-chan. Don't be such a worrywart like papa."

Midorima's frown deepened. "Yamazaki?"

She nodded her head with a small smile then walked closer to him, closing the gap between them. "I forgot to tell you. My fullname is Iris Yamazaki."

"W-What?" He sputtered in utter shock and disbelief, eyes widening a fraction. "Iris Yamazaki? You mean, you're the vice president's daughter?"

Once again, she nodded her head. "Yup. The vice president is my father."

Holy shit!

SillySweetheart is Iris Yamazaki.

His girlfriend is Vice President Yamazaki's daughter!

The Vice President of Japan!

Oh, hot damn..

Midorima Shintaro, you're dead!