The Start 2

May 1st 20**

6:15am

Tuesday

-------

I can hear them. But I don't know what it is. it's scaring me. They're scratching at the door. my twin brother is crying, I don't know what to do.

-------

I pushed the book away and ran to 'Samu. I hugged him close to me, to scared to let go. The scratching continues.

"Papa.." My brother cried, "I saw it! It ate him- it bit him and he became one of them! he-" My brother stopped speaking to gasp for air, I rubbed his back, not knowing what to do in this situation. "He lunged at me! He tried to kill me!" My brother cried.

I stared at my brothers gray eyes. The horror in his eyes was true, but it still felt so fake to me. Zombies? No way. . . I shook the thoughts away and hugged my younger twin brother. I get the idea to check the window so I grabbed a blanket and laid it on my brother, "Stay right here, 'Samu." 

I went to the window and opened it, lookin outside. If we left we'd be able to reach Suna's house. He has a bunker under his house his family built for emergencies. Who'd ever think it'd be used. I shook my head, and turned to my brother. I quietly shut the window, "This may seem crazy."

My brother looked up at me, "What...?"

"If we leave through the window we'd most likely get to Suna's house. He has a bunker, remember?"

"Right.. But we don't have any weapons."

"Then we make some." I smirk. I opened one of our drawers, and pulled out a knee high sock, "Where's the swear jar?" I asked, looking at Osamu.

He smiled and ran to the closet, the blanket fell to ground with a soft Tmp. Osamu walked to me, carrying a giant plastic jar of coins.

I took the jar from him and set it on the ground. 

Thud.

I opened the jar and started putting coins in the sock. Soon the sock had become a makeshift bat. I smirked and tired the sock close.

I grabbed another knee high sock and did the same thing, "Now we both have weapons."

We grabbed our makeshift weapons and slide the window open. Click

We slipped out, landing on the grass softly. We made sure to hold our makeshift bats, just in case. As we walked, we watched the zombies before making our move. We reached Suna's house, and instead of knocking on the roof we snuck around the house to his room.

Osamu peeked in his room before whispering, "He's still asleep-" 

I frowned, "Don't break the window." I peeked around the corner to see a horde of zombies walking past the house.

I tapped the class.

"Oop-"

The window opened, "Wha...? What're you two doin here? What's with the secrecy- you coulda knocked on the door."

"No time to explain. Let us in." I said turning from the corner, lifting my brother into the window then pushing my way through. 

Grrrraugh...

I quickly, and quietly shut the window.

"Um- so there's undead beings." I looked at Rintaro, who looked annoyed.

"Uh-huh? Listen, it's.. almost 7." Suna pulled the window open, "what do yo-" He stopped staring at the creature standing outside his window. The creature growled and lunged.

I moved Suna out of the way quickly, and kicked the zombie who had managed to pull itself halfway through the window. 

"Hurry and go to the bunker! I'll be fine." I glared at them, they stared in shock at the creature up close.

"GO!" I screamed when they didn't move. I pushed them out of the room and shut the door behind me. I turned to the creature who was now fully in the room, "Damn man..." I muttered, annoyed. I dodged it's attack and fell out of the window. Ow. I quickly get up and dart off. I try to not make noise, but it's inevitable.

I tripped over a fucking bush pot, "Fuck you." I hiss. Great. Now I'm cussing out  inanimate objects. I sigh and get up, looking around. Where the fuck am I? I frown.

My gaze drifted to a store. I ran and entered, Whoops. Sorry law, but I might be dying- I don't have time for you. I looked around, "great.." I whispered. I tiptoes around the store. I grabbed one of the armored bags, This is a strange store. Hmm.. convenient. I unzipped the bag and began stuffing canned foods into the bag, as well as some other weapons from the hunting section.

Wal-Mart is really resourceful for this shit. I rolled my eyes and went to the flashlight section, grabbing a few then grabbing some batteries- of all kinds. I was walking past the candy section and just caved, Who knows how long I'll last- I just know I'll need candy. I nod to myself and grabbed several bags of candy, putting them in the bag.

I slipped my phone out of my pocket, I had a text from Samu.

~~~~~~~~~~

Spare Parts:
TSUMU?!
ATSUMU
WHERE ARE YOU?
ARE YOU SAFE?

~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly typed a reply back. I put my phone back into my pocket. I ran out of the store, putting the bag on. I looked around, nervous. I carefully stepped around some dead bodies. This is tormenting my mental stability. 

A/N: SORRY FOR THE LONGER CHAPTER