Chapter 9

They all started to walk toward the bright house when someone opened the door. A blurry woman in the background wearing a green and bright yellow sweater with black baggy pants. Staring at them.

"Clark! There are others! Get some food and clothing ready!" She shouted excitedly into the house as she started to walk toward them. "Hello! I'm Rosa and you must be Jonas's friends?"

"Jonas!? You've seen Jonas!?" Lily said very excitedly

"Why yes I have seen Jonas, but some of your friends look very cold. How about we talk about this inside?" She said very thoughtfully

"Mmhmm!" Lily said with agreement. As they all walked in Fiona felt warmness and family she looked at the walls in the hallways seeing them filled with pictures of the kids, their awards, and the family picture with older people for their parents?

"What's that? Do they have 4 parents?" Fiona asked pointing to the older people in the picture.

"Oh, do you mean the grandparents?" She said as she stopped walking

"What's grandparent?" Fiona asked confusedly

"Oh right, you're from a different place. I'll explain over din-supper." She said as she remembered what Jonas had told her when they started to walk again.

"How'd you know that?" Lia said, questioning her.

"Oh you'll find out. Just wait for dinner to begin. You may take your seats." She said very nicely escorting them to their big brown dinner table. "I'm going to prepare our supper. I have other children, you know. There at school." She said very politely

"Okay thank you" Joey replied back. As they were waiting for their food they heard someone coming down the brown wooden stairs.

"What's all the noise? Are the kids back from the trip already? I'm almost done packing for my trip." A mysterious tired voice said in the background.

"Hi Jonas, I think you need to see someone at the dinner table," a man said in a low whisper that only Lily, the closest one to stairs could hear. Jonas? Jonas is here!? She thought to herself in an excited way.

"Who is it?" Jonas asked

"Just go into the dinner room" he said because he was very busy cooking

"Ok, let me change into better clothes, and thank you for taking care of me. I'm going to leave soon." He said sincerely, hugging Clark.

"You're welcome," he said with a smile.

"Father, I think-I think Jonas is here." Lily whispered to her father.

"How do you know Lily?" Her father asked

"I heard the guy named Clark talking to someone named Jonas. I think it's him." Lily said, hoping that her father would believe her.

"Ok Lily, but don't get your hopes up, Rosa said they had other children." He replied. As they waited again someone started to come down stairs again. It was Jonas. It has to be Jonas . She thought to herself. As they'd continued to walk down the stairs he began to walk to the dinner table. Lily couldn't contain herself; she pushed herself out of her brown chair and started to run to the wonderfully decorated hallway filled with family photos where she thought she'd find Jonas and hug him, but he wasn't there.