The Epilogue of Flashes (I moved it here)

The heroes alighted on a rooftop, exhausted from the battle and endless interviews. Ladybug stretched.

"I think we should all get home and rest. I'll take all the Miraculous back to the guardian. Where's Hawkmoth's?"

They exchanged glances. Reena Rouge looked puzzled.

"I... I swear I had it in my hand, and I didn't put it down."

"I guess we're not done just yet. Let's go find it," Ladybug sighed.

Reena nodded, looking guilty. The others offered to help. An hour later, the butterfly miraculous was still unaccounted for. Everyone gathered again.

"Someone must have stolen it. This isn't good, we already know what could happen if it falls into the wrong hands."

Cat Noir turned to her, concerned. "What will you tell him? The guardian, I mean."

She thought for a minute. "The truth, I guess. But I have a bad feeling about this. All of you, keep the miraculous for now, we can meet here at midday tomorrow."

Three heroes lept away in different directions, leaving Ladybug and Cat Noir behind.

"So, um..." he hesitated.

"You should head home too."

"I can still stay?"

Ladybug smiled. "I think my parents would be sad if you left. And... so would I.

"If you say so, M'lady." He saluted and vaulted away, beaming.

Ladybug made her way to Master Fu's house. A sense of foreboding loomed over her. She hid to detransform, letting herself in.

"Master?" She called. She made her way through the house. "Master Fu?"

She pushed the living room door open and froze.

He was gone.

*to be continued in book 2: Lies*