Ch1: Easy Enough

The sound of a door opening was heard as two males walked into a small restaurant. One was tall with purple and pinkish hair, while the other one was a bit shorter and had [H/C] hair with white tips.

Hisoka was slightly infront of [M] as they walked into the restaurant that the latter didn't bother remember the name of. "Welcome, please take a seat." The man said from behind the counter. "Are there any backrooms available?" Hisoka asked with his usual smile. The man side eyed the two, "What are having?"

"The stake combo, the one that'll make us see the light. Uh- for two please." They youngest of the three responded. The man looked up from what he was doing and side eyed the couple, "How do you want 'em cooked?"

"Grilled slowly over a low flame till done." The boy responded again. "Okay, see yourselfs to the backroom." He nodded to the man with a smile.

[M] and Hiso quietly walked to the backroom, once they got there the room started moving. They both just stood there just waiting for it to stop moving. [M] yawned and leaned his head on Hisoka's arm. The latter chuckled and put his hand on [M]'s head, "Why are you so tired? Hm~"

"Mmm Don know... I just didn't sleep a lot last night." He responded rubbing his eyes. Hisoka let out another chuckle, and smiled. After a couple minutes the room stopped and the door opened. The two walked out of the elevator, a few people turned to look at them, some seemed to recognize the duo and back away or get upset. But there still wasn't that many people here yet.

"Hello! Please take your number badge, thank you." a small green blob said, handing Hisoka a badge that with the number 44 on it. "Here." He gave [M] a badge that had the number 45 on it, "Thank you." the two said in unison.

"Be sure to wear this on your chest at all times please, and be careful not to lose it." [M] nodded and walked away behind Hisoka.

[M] just zoned out for a bit until he heard a voice he recognized as Tompa's. He looked back at said man to hear what he was saying better. He was talking to the three rookies that had just got here. But he turned back when he heard a blood curdling scream.

"My~ how unusual it seem this poor man's arms have turned into flower petals." Hisoka said with his usual smirk as everyone else came to see what was going on. "Now you see them, now you don't." [M] said with a tired smile. A handful of people backed away from the duo, while others just stood there in shock or something. "You should be more carful, and do apologize if you bump into someone~" [M] smiled at his husband's antics.

He was just about to walk away when he heard Tompa start talking again, "Just perfect, the psychopaths are back again."

"You know those guys?" A small boy with black and green hair asked. He seemed quite young, to young to be taking the Hunter exam. "So does that mean they tried last year?" A boy with blonde hair asked. He also seems quite young.

"Numbers 44 and 45, Hisoka and [M]. Those two are nearly inseparable, and if I remember right they're married. They were the top picks to pass last years exam, until Hisoka nearly killed an examination he didn't approve of."

"What about [M]?" The same blonde boy asked. "As I said, they're inseparable so when Hisoka got disqualified, he left too."

"Wait wait wait, why the hell are they letting that guy retake the exam after he did that?!" A tall guy with black hair asked, pointing at Hisoka. "Because they change the content and examiners ever year, and the examiners choose the new material. The devil himself could pass the exam if the examiners say its okay, that's how the whole thing works. Anyway nobody really likes them, I'd keep my distance if I were you."

After Tompa finished his little speech [M] walked away following Hisoka again. When they stopped [M] leaned his head on Hisoka's arm and smiled, "Y'know its funny how he pretends to be all nice and shit when in reality he's one of the worst fuckers here." [M] said with a mischievous look in his eyes, "It is amusing~" Hisoka responded with his usual smile. "Hiso when will Illu get here?" [M] was talking barley above a whisper but he know Hisoka could hear him. "He should be here in about an hour. You just need to be patient darling~" [M] just closed his eyes and leaned closer into Hisoka, he ended up falling asleep for a little bit.

A bell was heard, causing [M] to wake up, and one of the walls of the room slowly disappeared to reveal a thin man with periwinkle hair and a small mustache, "I apologize for the delay, thank you for waiting." he said after a second. "The entry period for Hunter aplecents is officially closed, so with no further ado the Hunter exam will now begin." [M] stood up and smiled. He was excited this time. "One final word of caution, if you're short on luck or ability keep in mind that there's a very real chance you could end up seriously injured. Death is another distinct possibility. If you're willing to accept the risks involved, I'll ask you to follow me now. But for the rest of you kindly exit thought the elevator located behind you."

No one moved. Every one wanted to do this, despite the fact that very few of the would actually succeed.(hehe i love foreshowing)

"We've all come this far why would anyone want to leave?" [M] thought to himself. "Right then, very well, all 404 aplecents will now participate in phase one!" he said, as he turned around and started walking.

"Why does he walk like that? That doesn't seem natural. Eh whatever it's probably nothing." [M] thought and started walking. But he soon started running after he realized the people in front of him were running.

"How rude of me, I neglected to introduce myself. I am Satotz, your examiner for the first phase of the exam. It's my responsibility to lead you all to the second phase."

"Second? So this is the first phase."

"Second? What ever happened to the first?" Some random person asked.

"Are you fucking stupid??"

"The first phase is already underway."

"Ha, idiot."

"The first phase is quite simple, all you have to do is follow me to the second phase! So try to keep up."

"Follow you? So that's it nothing else?" The same guy from before asked.

"That's right. I cannot tell you where or when you must arrive, you need only to follow me."

"That seems easy enough I guess." [M] thought out loud. "Don't get to cocky darling~" [M] just rolled his eyes, "I'm not getting cocky Hiso, shut the fuck up."

"You're so mean to me, love~" he chuckled a little. "Whatever." [M] said rolling his eyes and smiling. "I'm gonna find Illu, don't miss me too much~" He said as he sped-up. "I won't."

[M] was still running but he got a bit slower so he was now closer to the back of the group. "I miss Jinx, this is bori-" his thoughts where cut off by someone talking. Rude.

"Sounds like a basic endurance test to me! That's right up my ally, keep running pal I'm right behind you!"

"But this isn't an endurance test, we just have to follow him. Oh, those are the same people from earlier, I could try to talk to them... Meh I will later." [M] Stayed close to the trio, but far enough for them not to see him.

—————————————————-
This chapter ends at about the same time as episode 3, Rivals X for X Survival.

Author says shit!

1- [M] Hisoka and Illumi have a house in Yorknew, but they visit the mansion on holidays and stuff.

2- This fanfic is slightly based off of Wrong Number by lIhavenolife

—————————————————-

Words:1374

~Crow<3