pride flag emojai pt. 2

Exer's eyes blink open.

His head slipped from his pillow as he slept, resulting in a horrible headache since he passed out on the floor.

"Ugh..." He sits up and goes to rub his temples but there's something stopping Exer's right hand from lifting. He looks to see what it is, and sure enough, it's David's own hand.

Exer's eyes widen at the sight as he blushes. He doesn't even remember intertwining hands with David before his insomnia lost the battle against unconsciousness.

He looks up to David, who is still fast asleep on his bed, snoring, limbs flailed, and covers thrown. He chuckles at the sight of how ridiculous his boyfriend sleeps.

Wait... What?

Exer has to do a double check to make sure David was actually his boyfriend now and the events of last night weren't just a dream.

He blushes and he smiles all giddy as he comes to the conclusion that it was all real. Yes, he did confess to David. Yes, he did kiss him. Yes, they are dating now.

As much as he'd love to lie here all day and night hand-in-hand with his best friend-turned boyfriend, Exer has to get up and start his day.

He very carefully removes his hand from David's clutches so he doesn't wake him. Not like he would anyway, considering how David seems to be six feet under by how deep of a sleep he's in.

Exer yawns as he finally musters up the willpower to stand. He wobbles, then realizes his whole entire body is in immense pain. He rubs the sleep from his eyes and makes a mental note to never sleep on hardwood again, no matter the circumstances.

He sighs as he opens his bedroom door and heads for the stairs. Not paying attention due to his drowsy state, he accidentally steps on Lucy-furr's tail.

She jumps and arches her back as her tail becomes puffy. She hisses at Exer and, suddenly, there's a book flying right at his head.

"Ah!" Exer makes a last minute effort to duck, with no luck. He falls to the floor with an even worse headache than he already had.

"Really, Lucy?" He exclaims as he rubs his head, knowing Lucy was the one who caused this with her... Powers that she... Somehow has.

He decides to shrug it off, apologizing to his cat. She still sports an offended expression though.

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

"Mornin', Dad," Exer greets his father as he enters the kitchen, where Harry is having his morning coffee at the kitchen table.

"Good morning, Exer. How're you doing?" Worry laces Harry's voice.

Exer had to admit, he wasn't doing the greatest. The whole earthquake ordeal really messed him up, but David being there for him reduced the pain of it.

For some reason, David just made Exer feel thousands of times better.

"Fine," He replies.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," Exer puts on a grin, not sure if it's false or genuine.

"If you say so. How did you sleep?"

Exer dramatically groans. "Fine. Until I woke up.."

Harry chuckles. "And why is that?"

"My whole entire body is in horrific pain. My head has never ached this stupendously before in my entire-"

"Oh, shut it Exer. You drama king," A voice from behind him laughs. Exer's face reddens as he recognizes the voice as his boyfriend's.

He turns, and there he is. Blond hair wild and knotted, and blue eyes droopy and half-lidded. David.