E l e v e n

Rylenn

It's officially day 1 of 7 for homecoming and it's already been a dream come true for me. There was so much culture in the air, it gave HBCU everywhere I turned. The band playing in my ear every second, the majorette team, the cheerleaders, let's not forget all the Greek life showing off their strides. There's no place I'd rather be.

We all met up at the Gamma sorority house bright and early for hair makeup and midday lunch before our first pep rally of the week. Bridget talked me into doing red for a change and I couldn't take my eyes off of myself. I haven't looked this different since high school and I was loving every second of it, it's opening a new era

I flipped my hair in the mirror a couple times after Jasmine just flat ironed it for me. "Oh-kay Ms.Rylenn, giving fine as fuck for no reason" She hyped me up. I smiled bashful but confident. "No for real, I need some of that dick you messing with" Bella exclaimed. I rolled my eyes "you wish I was in that situation, but no."

"Nah don't let Ry fool y'all. I barely see her at the dorm anymore, you know the place where all your stuff is" Bridget says. "Sooooo that don't mean nothing. I'm cool with giving you and Ari private time together." I shrugged. They've been trying to figure out my whereabouts for a minute now. I still can't tell Arielle about Anthony without knowing that her and Bridget are truly secure. Even though me and Anthony still claim to be "platonic", I can't help but wanting to give into him, it's getting harder to be in the same room and not touch him, trying not fuck him in the real issue.

"Oh don't worry, we appreciate the quality time.. trust me" she drops it low bringing it back up slow making everyone squeal who was apart of the conversation. Watching how obsessed they were with each other however, made me wonder if she would even care about my casualties with her ex.. I'm just thinking too much.

"Girl your phone is going off" one of the girls said to me. I then approached my phone that was laying face down in the corner. It was my momma. I knew as soon as Homecoming started my parents were gonna want insight on it. Since they both pledged it made sense.

"Hello? You know I've been trying to call you"
"I saw momma, I'm getting ready for this pep rally, don't worry I'll take pictures" I assured her. She laughed "well thank you baby, but I was calling to see why I hear you and Vincent aren't together anymore, I called to check in on him and he told me"

I gulped, lost for where I should begin. I had no idea he was going to tell my parents, the same people who knew we were meant to be before we even did "I.. I was gonna tell you, it's just still.. you know"
"Mhm. Trust me I know.. was it another girl?" She asked. I rolled my eyes not wanting to answer. I walked into another room, cracking the door "kinda sorta.. we're just on 2 different paths right now" I say. I didn't want her to know about his kid of obvious reasons. I could never blame a little girl for this. "I'm so sorry to hear that baby girl." She says, at this point I already was already finding myself in a sad spot again thinking of him.
"No worries, I'm fine I swear"

"You may say that. It's okay to not be fine, and it's okay to miss him , trust me he misses you. But like I told him, and I know you're experiencing pain, use this time to really find what it's like to be without love ,When me and your dad broke up in school it was rough in the beginning. But coming together again knowing our own self worth and self experiences, made our love more special."

"You and daddy broke up ?"I questioned in disbelief. Anybody who knows my parents knows they're so in love, I always get the story of "Rylenn was made out of pure affection, they couldn't stay away for long " it was something I always wanted for myself. That timeless love. It was rare in my generation to want that, although this breakup is making me question my choices for it, but maybe I'm just thinking stupid because my only chances of that might be gone.