Engaged.

Nailea sat on the couch of her apartment after getting home from Blue World, her father's restaurant that she would some day own. It was very popular in Manchester and she promised her dad that she would keep the restaurant for life.

Today she helped her dad prepare for the upcoming week. She has been helping out more in the restaurant do to her slack towards her professional career of music. After her breakup, she had lost all motivation.

The breakup that he announced to the press as mutual. Is that really what he thought? Nailea didn't want to break up. Nailea didn't leave his apartment and never come back. Nailea wasn't a hot topic in the news because only weeks after their split, he had a new girl.

She couldn't write a song without it turning into a sobfest. The songs were never bad, but anyone could guess they were about the football star Marcus Rashford. ManUnited fans would tear her apart. 

So she sat in her apartment, laying around, or she spent her time at Blue World. She was snapped out of her thoughts when a knock was heard from her door. She got up to answer the door and grinned when she saw her best friend, Lakelynn standing on the other side.

"Jeez you look like hell." Nailea rolled her eyes at Lakelynn, the smile being wiped off her face. "Thanks. Alway love to be around you."

"I'm sorry but 10 months of this is getting out of hand. Let's go out and do something. Give yourself a reason to get ready."

"You act as if I don't shower."

"You know what I mean. Wear makeup. Post on instagram. Forget about Marcus for once."

Nailea is caught off guard by this last sentence. It's not as if she thinks of him all the time. I mean, of course she did the first few months after their split, but now he's only a thought when she writes music. Or when she feels very lonely.

"I'm not depressed over my ex. I just like being inside."

"Sure. Listen, the please just come out with me tonight. The World Cup in beginning and it will be so fun! I'll stop bugging you after this."

Nailea thought about it for a long time. Maybe it would be good for her. Going out could cause her to be able to write about anyone other than Marcus and the failed relationship.

"Okay I'll go. Just this once."

Lakelynn's face lit up as she stared jumping up and down, grabbing the girls arms. "YESSS THANKYOU!!! You won't regret it I promise!"

Nailea sighed and walked to her bathroom to get in the shower and start getting ready for her first night out in months.

•••

Liked by lsumers,bukayosaka, and 800,000 others

Naiblue still here.

Comments...

User36436 omg she hasn't posted in like a year

bukayosaka stargirlll

User55555 are you coming out with any music?

lsummers rip me out the plastic💯

•••

        Nailea is actually enjoying her time at a bar near her apartment. The second game up the World Cup is airing on each TV in the bar, and it is filled with young football fans. She had a few too many drinks and was beginning to enter her drunk persona. As she was watching the World Cup while sitting at the bar, Lakelynn had went off to flirt with a guy, she began to think of Marcus.

She pondered what went wrong with their relationship. She thought of the day Marcus left her apartment, taking his stuff with him, and not returned. She thought of how she watched him go, wanting to say something, but ultimately deciding against it. She didn't know if she regretted that or not.

Nailea pulled her phone from her purse, quickly opening the instagram app and searching the name that rang in her head. She clicked on his profile, careful to not click the stories he had posted. She clicked on his most recent post, something about training with England. She read comments and then scrolled to the next. 17 hours ago. Her eyebrows furrowed.

Liked by jesselingard, Sancho, and 3M others

marcusrashford 24.05.22

Comments...

User4875 he dated Nailea for 6 years and this girl for for 8 months.....

jesselingard congrats🍾

Lucialoi 🥰🥰

User67777 I'll forever miss him and Nai

            Nailea could not believe what she was reading. He had been with her for 8 months. 8 fucking months. Nailea had 6 years with him. 6 years that he has shown met nothing to him. She felt tear begin to pool in her eyes but decided to be happy for him. She liked the post and then texted lakelynn that she was going to the recording studio, beofre turning off her phone.

And just like that, Nai went to the recording studio for the first time in months, wrote a song, and finished it completely with the full intent to release it.

•••

England shanks 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Rashyy
   Nailea just liked my
engagement post.

Lings
😬😬

Judeth
That the ex?

Starboy
Maybe she's happy
for you🤷🏼‍♀️

Scouse
She just posted for the
first time in awhile actually.

She seems like she's
doing well.

Rashy
You lot follow her?

Lings
😬😬

I do.

Starboy
Yeah I do.

We were close.

Rashy
Right