Oppurtunity

Marcus caught his breath as the whistle was blown, signaling the teams 5 minute break from practice. He made us way over to where he had placed his phone. He had not been on his phone in two hours. He had a few messages from his manager from 45 minutes ago. He quickly clicks on them, eyebrows immediately furrowing.

Marcus
Chris

*link*

Need you to see
this now before
questions appear
in the press.

Nobody wants an
engaged man going
crazy over his ex.

If your going to react
do it in private!

But sorry mate.

Marcus clicked on the link, being lead to a TMZ article. He read it over, anger and betrayal growing inside him, before shutting off his phone. He began his beeline straight towards the subject of his anger.

He grabbed Jadons shoulder turning him around with more force than necessary. "Dating Nailea is nice innit Jadon?"

Jadon looks at Marcus with confusion clear in his face. "What are you talking about man?" Jadon shoves Marcus' hand off of him.

"You know what the fuck I'm talking about. Going to dinner together."

"Marcus don't be stupid. We caught up that's it."

"Really because you look bare interested in her."

Jadon gets close to Marcus now, finger in his chest. "You know I wouldn't do that to you. Don't act like I would. She was my friend and will continue to be my friend."

Jadon turns and walks away, it's then that Marcus realizes most of the team heard their conversation. He put his head down and walked back on the pitch.

Of course he knew Jadon wasn't dating her. He still is upset that he even talks to her. That she allows him to talk to her after walking out of her life just like he did. Marcus didn't get the second chance though.

•••

    Nailea and Lakelynn were making sandwhiches for lunch when her phone rang. She wiped her hand on a paper towel, rushing to her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi this is Nailea blue correct?"

"yes"

"This is GQ, we got your number from your team. We were wondering if you would like to sing at the men of the year awards.

"Oh my gosh! Yes, yes!

"That's what we were hoping. We love your " lift me up" from a few years back and think it would be perfect for the ceremony. Are you able to sing that?

"Yes I can do that! Thankyou so much!"

"No Thankyou. We will contact your team with more information that they can relay to you. We can't wait to see you perform!"