Chapter 18 : Angel Back To Heaven

GWEN'S POV

I'm with the SJ members at the airport. We're flying back to Korea. They need to go back immediately because they all have schedules waiting for them. Some will be flying to other countries after arriving at Korea. Some will be having their usual schedules for regular shows that they are in. They don't even get to rest after the show but they're happy to make us, ELFs, happy. But as an ELF, myself, their health is as important as they are to us.

"How was the show?" Donghae asked me out of nowhere, while waiting in line to check in.

"It was great, especially the opening performance. "Burn the Floor" is really great!"

" So who did it best?" Shindong asked.

I can't really answer cause my eyes were fixed on one person that time. But I couldn't say that it was him because I know he'll start teasing me again.

"Actually, all of you did great. I wish I have 8 pairs of eyes so that I can watch you simultaneously. You're the best. All of you!"

"So who's the lucky member that has got to be watched by those pair of eyes?" Eunhyuk-ssi cunningly asked.

"I watched all of you though not at the same time."

Kyuhyun went closer, "You keep on dodging the question." then he chuckled.

It's you whom I fixed my eyes on, punk.

"If you're going to keep on doing that you might as well stay here and we'll go back to-"

My phone ringing made Kyuhyun stop talking. The other members who weren't listening to our conversation also stopped at what they were doing.

" Hello?"

" Papa? What about him? He's what?"

" What's wrong Gwen-ah?" Kyuhyun worriedly asked.

Without any second thought, I left the line for checking in our luggage.

Kyuhyun grabbed me on the my arms. "Where are you going?"

" I think I really need to stay here. They said something happened to my father. I should go to Papa's hometown they said he was there."

"Where was it? How would you go there?"

"Just go Kyuhyun-ssi. I'll just meet you in Korea."

Then I ran to the transport terminal. There were no available buses at that time and I'll have to wait for another hour for the provincial buses.

20 minutes passed and I can't calm down myself. I feel restless."Do you need help miss? Do you want a ride?" a middle-aged driver asked me.

"Ah yes sir. Can you drive me to Ilocos? I need to get there as soon as possible. I know its inconvenient but I'll pay you fully for how much it'll cost the gas,the toll-"

"Okay miss wait here. I'll just get my taxi."

"I'll go with you. You see, I can't stand still. Where was it parked?" he led me to his taxi and I keep on thanking him for letting me have a ride.

Pa, this is a prank, right? When I get there you would surprise me, and I'll hug you tight. You'll laugh and say what a silly girl I am to believe what they said.

Please. Please. Please.

You said you'll walk me down the aisle to the man of my dreams. You said you'll live long so that I can take my time pursuing him. You've already talked to the man of my dreams. But your daughter was really afraid to pursue him. You should've pushed me harder. But what now? How can I find the reason to pursue him? With you gone? How? Tell me that you'll welcome me when I get there and I promise you that the next time I'll visit you he will be with me. He will be asking for your permission to take my hand. So please be well. You have to be alive when I get there.

"Ma'am here." The taxi driver was giving me a plastic bag.

I can't move myself nor I can't ask him what that was.

"Its just a sandwich and a bottle of water. It looks like you haven't eaten yet."

"I'm okay, sir."

"Eat this for me okay? I have my own, so eat this and take a this, then sleep okay?" he said handling me the plastic bag and a neck pillow.

"I said I'm okay sir."

"Just do what I say or you'll get off the car then find another transport who'll give you a ride at this hour?"

I guess I have no choice but to do what he said.

I can't really find my appetite, my mind can't focus on anything, nor I can think clearly about anything.

I used the neck pillow, then tried to close my eyes. I keep on opening my eyes because all I can see when I close them was the picture that I don't want to imagine but keeps on flashing on my mind.

No. No. No. It can't be.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up when I sensed that the taxi was not moving.

"You're awake? We're here. I didn't wake you up because you look so tired. You should take care of yourself miss."

"Oh, thank you so much sir. Let me just get cash inside. How much should I pay you?"

"You already gave me 5, 000php before we departed from the airport."

"Ah I did? Anyways, thank you so much sir. God bless and have a safe trip home."

I was in front of the Chapel where my father's wake is. I can't really believe what is happening. But Mi Na was here. It must be true. No its not. I can't accept it.

Mi Na saw me and went to me, my sister with her.

They held me on my arms and led me to where my father's casket was. When I looked at him, he was just peacefully sleeping.

Pa, wake up. Get up from there. Tell me this is just a prank. Surprise everyone here by getting up and telling them that you just want to see your daughter, that's why you set up this prank.

Then it suddenly sank in. My world crushed as I fell on the floor my sister and Mi Na supports me to stand still.

Tears starts to flow and it became too hard for me to breathe. I talked to him just before we went to Manila for the Super Show. He even told me his plans of what he would do for the promised tour with Kyuhyun. He was so excited, that he became so disappointed when he knew that Kyuhyun needed to go back to Korea immediately for his schedules. But he was so optimistic that he even told me that Super Junior will come back here next year and by that time he would make sure to take Kyuhyun on a tour.

Tears fall as if the waters in my body doesn't ran out.

"Where's Mama? Is she okay?" I said, still with tears flowing.

"She's inside a room right now. She needs to rest after all that crying." Mi Na answered me. "How about your flight? I heard from Mira that you came here from the airport. Did the members flew back?"

I just nodded.

Mi Na told me to take my time letting things sink in. That's why she told me to take a walk.

Right now I'm walking along the shore. The shore where Mi Na and I grew up being chased by my father and played around.

I just want to be with my father. I couldn't think of anything and started to walk towards the sea.