chapter one.

❝I know all the things around your head
And what they do to you❞

Pre-crash | 1996

Lottie's pov ⁺⸜

"I wished she looked at me the way she looks at all the guys she's been with," Lottie thought to herself as she looks in Nat's direction.

Nat smiled, the way she always does to Lottie as she proceeds to talk to her new boy of the week.

That damn smile...

Lottie couldn't stand Nat's smile. Not because she hated it, but because every time Nat smiled at her, she couldn't help but have butterflies in her stomach and her heart race as if it were to explode.

"I don't get why Nat even bothered to come with us to hang out if she's just going to ditch us for some guy; for all, we know she barely even knows him," Taissa uttered, making Lottie come back from her thoughts.

"Let her be Taissa," Van said.

"Whatever" Taissa mumbled, as Van and the others tried changing the subject.

Once again Lottie's thoughts consumed her. Nat was all she could think about. She didn't even realize that Nat was now standing next to her.

"Hey guys, did I miss something?" Nat asked, looking at everyone. Nat's arms wrapped around Lottie. Lottie smiled softly at the bleached blonde girl.

That's the kind of relationship Nat and Lottie had. They would look at one another and touch one another like lovers but were nothing but friends. Lottie was nothing more than Nat's friend, Nat's best friend. She didn't seem to mind so much that they were like this. After all, having Nat like this is better than not having her at all.

Although, sometimes Lottie would imagine what they would be like if they were a couple. The stuff they would do. The things they would do.

"Oh look who finally decided to join the group," taunted Taissa, snapping Lottie back to reality.

"What?" Natalie rolled her eyes. Lottie could tell Nat was getting conflicted at Taissa's remark.

"Guys, can we all just please get along? It's our last day of summer before school starts. Are we really going to waste it by bickering over nonsense," Jackie chimed in.

Both Taissa and Nat shrugged, agreeing to put their differences aside for now.

Everyone went back to their conversations. Except for Nat, who slightly backed away from the group.

"Hey..." Lottie said warmly as she followed Nat.

Nat smiled.

"Hey," the blonde said.

"Nat, I'm sure Taissa didn't mean–"

"It's fine. I don't care," the blonde said.

There was silence for a few minutes before the blonde finally spoke.

"Do you maybe wanna, I don't know– go someplace else? I really don't want to be here right now," the blonde exclaimed.

"Where to?" Lottie asked. Not even giving it a second thought. She wanted this. She wanted it to be just her and Nat for today.

And the blonde smiled.

that's it for now! part 2 out! nat's pov ✰
leave suggestions below ✰
open to requests!
please be nice! this is my first fanfic that i'm publishing (⸝⸝⸝ᵒ̴̶̷̥́ ᵕ ก̀⸝⸝⸝)ෆ