Chapter 1

The cool breeze counteracted with the hot summer air. Bondi beach was crowded once again with hundreds of thousands of people. Sometimes one wonders what would happen if one was to go missing? Would anyone even notice? I mean... If one came on their own... No one would know. Whould anyone miss them? Would anyone miss her?

A girl sat under the shade of a large tree by backpackers rip. Her hoodie concealing the secrets and her long pants and shoes too.

"Aren't you hot?" Came an Auzzie voice from the side of her. She didnt spare the boy a single glance. She could tell that he was young was young.

He came and sat down beside her. His pant leg rubbing against hers. He was wet from the ocean. The girl slid away slightly from him and heaved a sigh.

"What do you want?" The girl asked in a cold thick Irish accent.

"Come on Eireann O'Callaghan. Youre not gonna stay upsey forever are you?" The boy asked with a smirk on his face.

"... Maxi come on. Were not children anymore. You cant sneek into my house. You know what will happen if my das catches you. Its dangerous!" She emphasised.

The boys face drooped. "I know... I just... Miss you when you dont come to thw beach... I get scared when you dont pitch. How do I know he hasn't killed you yet? I become afraid." He fiddled with the sand.

"I know... But promise me you wont do that again... Its really not safe." She patted his back in reassurance.

"I promise." The girl reached out her pinky finger and the boy looked up and grinned, linking his with hers.

"Maxi!" Maxi pulled out his walkie before replying.

"Yeah?"
"Where are you?"
"Backpackers. Watching the water, talking to Eireann."
"We need you at the tower. Bring her with. You can finally introduce us."
Maxi turned to the girl who shook her head no.
"She has to go. I'll be up in a minute."
"Maxi. Come on bro. Bring her up. 5 minutes max. Promise." Another voice chipped in.

Maxi sighed before putting away the walkie. "Please?" The girl sighed before giving into the boy.

"Thank you!" Maxi stood up before grabbing his board and holding out a hand to lift the girl up, who just stood up on her own. Maxi shrugged before the pair made their way up to the tower.

The two reached the tower when Eireann started feeling dizzy. She held onto the rail for support. "You good?" Maxi held his hand behind her back concerned. "Yeah just a bit dizzy..." Maxi raised an eyebrow in concern for the girl.

The pair made it up the stairs when Eireann turned and sat on the stairs. "You sure you're good?" The girl shook her head. "Take off your jursey." The boy instructed.

"You know I can't..." "Just roll up your sleaves then!" Maxi commanded.

"Maxi? Whats going on?" A head poked out the door and approached the two.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. Singlets, this is Eireann. Spelled really weirdly but peonounced Erin none the less. Shes also extremely stubborn." Maxi placed his hands on his hips in disapprovement.

The man, Singlets, Laughed slightly before fully noticing the girl.

"You good?" he asked her. "Yes Im fine." She exclaimed. "No you're not. Just come inside where its cool." Maxi put his arms on her shoulders.

"Fine!" She stood up and nearly fell down the stairs, and would have if the person coming up the stairs didnt catch her in time.

"Woah! Are you crazy! Wearing longs in this weather? No wonder you're falling over!" The boy who caught her furrowed his brows and flicked his long blonde hair backwards and out of his face.