♕𝗩𝗶𝗼𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗧𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗲𝘀♕

January of 1972 was one of the first times James became scared of his violent tendencies

He'd absolutely pummeled a Slytherin boy because he made a nasty comment about Remus. It was close to the Full Moon and Remus was looking far worse for wear.

James sat in the abandoned girls bathroom that Moaning Myrtle inhabited. His knees were curled up to his chest, his bloodied knuckles running through his hair as he attempted to control his breathing.

His parents had told him all of his life that darkness like that was horrible, a thing to be feared. That only the worst people in the world give in.

But James... he liked it. The rush. The bloodstain on his hands. The crack and cripple of bones beneath his fist. It was all so exciting, so new. Something he'd never been allowed to do. Act out.

His breathing only began to pick up more when he heard stone begin to move. The young Gryffindor snapped his head up in the direction of the sounds, the circular sinks all beginning to shift.

Not even a few moments later, one of the sinks lowered into the floor, revealing a well going straight down.

It was eerily quiet for a second or two, before a girl was seen levitating up out of the well, being carefully set on solid ground. It didn't take him long to recognize the girl. Her Slytherin robes, dark brown hair, eyes that could kill a man. Adira Riddle.

"James Potter, Hello." Adira said as she stepped more into the room, leaving the entrance she'd created open. "I heard a commotion, what has happened?"

Even for a girl only eleven years of age, Adira held herself with such poise and stature. A true pureblood princess if James had ever seen one.

They'd only been truly introduced that Christmas and promised their allegiance to her, The Marauders hadn't seen much of her since then.

"A-Adira... Where did you.." James glanced back at the open entrance in the sinks as Adira stepped closer, kneeling down in front of him.

"Your hands," She reached out, taking one of his bloodied knuckles in her hand without permission. "Did you get into a fight the muggle way? Dueling is so much cleaner, Potter. Ah, and you won. Sent the boy to the hospital wing. Good show."

James seemed to recoil slightly. "How did you know..?"

Adira's eyes met him, her usual emotionless stare now replaced with the tiniest of smiles. "Do you remember how i saw into Lupin's past? Its the same thing. I saw you utterly pummel that boy."