Shes going to be okay! Pt.2

POV. Tim

Vance is gone Isobel is in surgery. It's going to take hours and hours since she's literally been shot in the head.
Since she won't be awake for a long time, if she's even going to wake up, we, all the officers working on the UC case, went back to the station to question Carson.
Quinn is in the back of Lopez and my shop.
At one point she stopped screaming and sobbing. Now she's curled up, in one of my hoodies I gave her, silently crying, just one tear after another, you wouldn't think s human would have that many tears in them.

„Quinn?" I ask quietly as Lopez and I pull up onto the stations parking lot.
„Mhm?" she acknowledges me.
„Are you gonna be fine on your own for s second? We are going to question Carson. I would like to be there. I can tell you what I'm allowed to after maybe it'll bring some clarity?" i suggest.
„Sure." she just says and then goes back to looking outside the tinted windows.
I sigh but get out of the shop.

After interrogating Carson and finding out where Vance might be we get ready to move.
I don't want to leave Quinn in the shop for this long but I can't take her with me either.
So i let her sit down on the break room couch.
I walk up to the front desk where Nolan is ok duty.
„Hey boot! I need you to do something for me!" I Approach him.
„Yes sir?" he responses.
„Can you check on my daughter every once in a while? I need to go with the team of officers to the apartment building and she's in the break room." I ask.
„Sure thing sir. And I'm sorry about everything that happened."
„Yeah thanks." I say swiftly and then make my way to the shops.

It's going to be dangerous and big.

-time skip after everything in the apartment building-

We walk out the building to a huge crowd. Swat, fire fighters, paramedics and so on.

Vance in handcuffs his girlfriend with a baby in her hands one detective dead one wounded.

Chen and I are fine.

„I just want a second with him!" I talk about Vance to grey.
„I can't think of a worse idea."
I look at him for a second and then he says:
„ don't let me regret this, Tim."

I walk over to the shop Vance is in.
„The woman you shot and threw in a dumpster — her name is Isobel Bradford. She's my wife and the mother of my child." I say.
„I don't know what your talking about." he says innocently. „But a dead cops wife always makes me happy." he continues.
„She's not dead. And when she gets on the stand, she's going to put you away for the rest of your life." I throw in his face and slam
The door.

I return to the police station and rush over to the break room. Quinn is sitting there. Not crying anymore but not seeming ok too.
She just looks tired.
„Hey." I say walking in.
„Hi" she responses
„Vance is in prison. He's gone and he won't get out either he can't hurt her or us." I say sitting down next to her.
She doesn't say anything.
„Okay... let me just get changed and then we'll drive to the hospital. The surgery should be done soon.
„Mhm" she's says nodding.

I get changed and then meet her at the break room.
„Alright let's go." I say.
I put my arm around her shoulder affectionately.

We arrive at the hospital.
We walk in snd immediately walk up to the reception asking for information on Isobel.

After the nurses there led us to the neuro surgical department we are met by an intern who was watching the surgery that now tells us how it's going.
„Mr Bradford, hello im dr. Mason. Your wife's surgery is almost done and I am very glad to tell you that it's going amazing. Just Linie complications and they were solved immediately and won't have any longterm impact. She'll be out in an hour. But it will take her probably till somewhere tomorrow early morning to wake up." he explains.
„Thank you so much!" I say.
„No problem" he says shaking my hand.

Quinn looks a lot more relived.
But there is a new emotion In her eyes.
Fear. I think Quinn is scared to see her mom after a whole year.