𝐎𝐍𝐄: Rekindling

𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 have to be the worst species ever to exist

𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 have to be the worst species ever to exist. Overprotective as hell. Rude as fuck. But deep down they care about their sisters so much. My brother cares too much. I just moved back home to take a break from work even if it is just a little while.

I'm just trying to get this over with so I can go home to my child. I'm just waiting for Shawn to get here.

"You look different, Sapphire." There's only one person who calls me that. I didn't know that they were still friends. "Mr. Caruso, how have you been?" He chuckles. It's been years. "Great, how are you?" I smile. "Good but what do you mean by different?" I've known him for years. The bartender hands me a glass of water, I'm not drinking tonight.

"Different like a woman, your mature." I don't know whether he's talking about my body or personality. "You're only 2 years older than me." I wonder if he knows about Moon. "Not mature personality wise." I knew he meant my body. "Are you flirting with me, Mr. Caruso?" I see my brother walk in.

"Maybe." Shawn looks around before finding us and walking towards us. He hugs me tightly. We haven't seen each other in years. "Diamond, what were and Marciano talking about?" Marciano lets out a small chuckle. "I was telling him about how fun traveling was." I quickly lied. Shawn is the kind of brother to try and kill someone for flirting with me.

I like talking with Marciano alone. I'm honestly glad we didn't talk much when I was younger. It would be weird if we had a relationship where I was like "he's like a brother to me." Marciano is good looking.

The thing about dating is men usually aren't to thrilled when I tell them I have a daughter. It's how I find out whether they're here for sex or not. Most men don't want to have sex if a kid if gonna be in the house bothering them.

It's now 2:43 I'm going home soon. "Hello pretty lady, may I dance with you?" Hell no. "You may not." He frowns at my words. "Why not?" He says "let me buy you a drink." If I tell him I have a daughter will he leave me the fuck alone? Probably "I have a sixteen year old at home." He clears his throat and backs away "Okay." That was easy.

"Shawn, I have to go home." Marciano looked slightly confused but didn't say anything. "Okay, bye Diamond." I hug him "bye Shawn, see you soon Marciano." I grab my purse, walk out of the club and to my car. I fish in my purse for my keys. When I feel them I pull them out and unlock the car door. I get in the car and start it. I begin driving home. My house is about sixty-five minutes away from here.

I never got a number from Marciano. I should've gotten it, I would like to talk to him.
___________________________________

I pull into my driveway and get out, walking into the house. I shut the door behind me and put my purse on the rack. "You have some explaining to do." I smile at her apologetically. "You left me on movie night. Why would you do that to me?" We have movie nights on the weekends. "I know baby, mommy's sorry. I had to go see uncle Shawn. Do you forgive me?"