Chapter 11

Here's the next chapter... All comments and feedback are appreciated!!!

I knew my method of telling Ethan about my exploit with Max had to be perfect, so I scoured the Internet for the right strategy on how to get a man to commit to you when you're both seeing other people.

Hello Ava. My weekend was good. How about yours? (Boring disinterest until...)

Oh it was actually really fun!! (Purposefully vague, hoping he takes the bait).

What did you do?

Oh...I mean, I'm not sure if I should tell you this, but I guess since we're totally just FWB now it's fine. I actually met someone this weekend, so I'm excited about that

(This implied he should be happy for me, as he was my friend with benefits, and I had only followed his advice to get rid of my oneitis).

That's good, Ava. I'm glad for you... Did you two sleep together? (Yes! Perfect question!)

Um...Ethan, I didn't want to immediately rush and tell you, but....yeah.

Bullshit. You never sleep with someone on a first date.

I know I don't usually but I did this weekend. We had a really strong connection I guess. The funny thing is he actually knows your old friend Cassie.

Ava, don't be stupid. You get too attached after sleeping with someone... You have no idea how to not get your heart broken. What is his name? Cassie knows a ton of horrible guys. (Including one named Ethan Parke).

Lol don't worry about it. You told me to get over my oneitis...and if you must know, his name is Max.

Max what? (I smiled thinking he was about to Internet stalk Max completely).

Max Anderson.

10 minutes later:

I asked Cassie about him. She says he's a sweet guy, a romantic... But I'd be careful if I were you. I guess maybe you should just leave me behind.

LOL leave you behind? Max and I only went on one date. (My plan couldn't fall apart that easily, could it?)

Yeah, but she said he's nice. It's probably better for you. I just feel weird now..

What do you mean you feel weird? 

I guess I just always thought we would end up together. Even if I didn't say that.

I nearly dropped my phone in shock. This was the confession I had been waiting for.

Ethan, I thought that too. But I didn't think it was something you wanted anymore... (Please say that it is! Please say that it is!)

I don't know. I'm all confused. I didn't think I'd feel this way.

Twenty minutes later, I felt I had Ethan in the palm of my hand.

He committed a surprising double text: Can you come over please? I need to talk to you.

I thought I had him.

. . .

When I arrived to Ethan's apartment, things were different. It was like for the first time he realized that perhaps I wasn't completely his (he had never been mine) and he didn't like that. So he was possessive and jealous for the first time I had ever observed.

"Ava," he said at first, enveloping me in a hug. Had he missed me while he was with Savannah or just after I told him about Max?

"Hey, Ethan. What's up? You seemed sad over text," I said. Play it cool, I told myself.