3| UNWANTED THOUGHTS

Adeline Pov:

I couldn't focus on my work as I kept remembering the conversation with Mr. Smith.

"Shh" He whispered into my ear, sending goosebumps all over my body. After some moments, I backed away from his chest, but my head is still lower. He grabs my chin with his index finger and lifted my head.

My eyes met his dark brown orbs!

I tried to control my teary eyes, but tears fell continuously from of my eyes. He leaned closer to my face and kissed away my tears with his lips.

His actions caught me off guard, and I flinched in response. He looked at my face for moment then smiled at me and kiss my forehead.

"Doll, I have to go now I have an important meeting. Otherwise, we would have lunch and talk but we will see each other tomorrow, okay?" I was confused first as I didn't understand what he meant but then I just nodded my head.

"Good girl." He praised and kissed my forehead again. He removed his hands from my waist, and I quickly stood from his lap. He smiled at me and started to leave the room and I dumb found stand there.

But... his smile, it's so captivating. When he realized, I hadn't followed him, he paused and turned back to me.

"Don't you have work to do?" His voice boom in room.

I quickly nodded as 'No' but said "Yes, I do." Then I realized what I did, he chuckled at me and spoke.

"Come, my doll" He said but I just stare at him.

"What?" He said

"N-Nothing" I replied and went after him. I hesitated before following him. He stopped in hallway and wrapped his one hand around my waist. I quickly looked here and there to ensure no one was nearby.

I wanted to say something but couldn't find my voice. I went to my office and who knows where he went?

(A/N Pov: When Adeline thought about her conversation with David. Ethan notices her facial expression and he see that Adeline's mind is not on her work. He knows the reason behind this is David. So, he stands behind her and tapped her shoulder and calls out her name.)

Someone called my name and tapped my shoulder. It's made me flinch in my place by his sudden action. I turned myself and breathed out when I looked-

"Yes Sir, may I help you?" I asked.

"Miss Martin, I suggest you go home and get some rest." Sir said and I nodded my head because I had no energy to argue or do anything.

I reach to my car and start driving. On my way to home, I stopped my car at my favorite café. I went inside and sat on my favorite place near the window seat. A waiter came over to take my order and I ordered my as usual.

When I feel sad, angry, tired or happy, I come here to relax my mind but this time I can't calm myself. This time even coffee couldn't calm my mind. My mind is full of questions.

Why did he say that to me?

Why did he act towards me like that?

And specially, why did he call me HIS DOLL?

It's just a joke, right?

Crazy! How can he make such a joke? He sounded like he was serious, and his action said this too. I tried to remove his thoughts out of my mind, but I couldn't. I grab my hair in frustration.

"Ade... Hey! Adeline?" Someone called out my name.

"Yeah... Yeah..." I came out my thoughts and replied.