chapter fifteen

not ordinary lust

it had been about three weeks since the pair had separated, and it hadn't gotten any easier for either of them. jisung mainly worrying if mari was doing okay or not, but mari was nervously staring at the calendar. counting the last few days she had before her period would be considered late. and she was terrified. she'd never had irregular periods, and they were always extremely predictable. so she knew if her period didn't start tomorrow, she would be considered late.

she wouldn't have been nearly as worried has she not forgotten to get a second morning after pill the day chan has separated the two friends. she was too upset and only remembered when she checked the messages between her and jisung a few days later, seeing the money he had sent her idle in their chat. at this point it was a waiting game.

jisung wouldn't leave chan alone, asking everyday if mari had sent him an update. but she hadn't yet, and chan knew she was waiting to see if her period would be late before she panicked and bought out all the pregnancy tests. chan was prepared to send her money for the tests even though she told him it was okay, he had insisted.

"jisung, i promise i'll tell you if i know anything." chan tells the boy, annoyed at his constant hovering.

"it's just that it's been nearly a month, shouldn't she know by now?" he asks, his hands tangled in his hair, pulling on it. "do you know how she's doing? has she been eating well?"

"that's not what you need to be worried about." chan retorts.

"yes it is! sometimes when she's sad or stressed she skips meals." jisung informs.

"i'm sure she's okay." he pats jisung on the shoulder.

"god, can't you just let me check on her once?" he pleads.

"no." chan responds bleakly.

"if you're that worried, i can go check on her." minho suggests.

"really? you'd do that?" jisung smiles widely. minho nods. "okay, i'll send you her address, when you get there make sure she's eaten properly, and-"

"i know how to check up on someone." minho laughs. "i'll stop by tomorrow."

"you can't go today?" jisung frowns.

"we have a performance tonight." chan buds in. jisung groans. as minho comforts the pouting jisung, chan decides to ask for an update.

mari

update?

i'm gonna buy
some tests
tomorrow.

*you sent $30*

let me know asap.

i will.

-

chan felt a little more tense. he had hoped it wouldn't have to come down to her buying any tests. but he had to remain calm for jisung. the boy was already losing his mind, he didn't need anyone else stressing out on top of his stress.

-

"i mean, do you feel pregnant?" hongjoong asks. the two had gotten closer over the last few weeks and mari had told him everything about the predicament she was in.