8. the patients went missing

Is there really no way for me to escape the game? Often, such thoughts would come to the player while he was staying in the hospital. After taking the meds given by the doctor, he went to the internet, scrolling down to any useful information he can get. It wasn't until he found a blog presumably written by the previous player of that wretched game did he know that there was another bottomless pit waiting for him to fall in despair.

"The other day I played this game which can change a person's life. Turns out, it's wasn't a lie. It's really a magical game."

"I made the protagonist worked day and night when he didn't go to school and guess what? Some mysterious person transferred money into my account! It's kinda creepy but I won't refuse free money."

"There's someone I have a crush on and all of a sudden, my protagonist also has one. I was so invested that I made the protagonist pursued his crush, but after they get together, my crush suddenly confessed to me??? Dude, what kind of magical game is this???"

"Lately, the game keeps notifying me that my protagonist felt unsafe, as if someone was watching him. I didn't give a damn at first, but then I found tiny hidden cameras in my room."

"I'm convince. The one who's been stalking me is definitely that girl. She's a classmate of mine but I never bother to care about her. She's creepy and gloomy."

"Today I found her in my kitchen with a knife. She told she wanted to cook for me. Coincidentally, my girlfriend was also there and she thought I cheated. I ended up threatening that girl to drag her to the police if she kept this shit up. Fortunately, she left without a word."

"Fuck, now I need an idea on how to coax my girlfriend. I hope that bitch won't bother me again."

After that, there was no update. Attached under those words are the screenshots of two girls drawn in a pixel art. There's a bracket at the bottom of each pictures, the left one stated that this is the protagonist's girlfriend while the right one stated that this is the protagonist's stalker.

The boy felt like vomiting when she saw that the stalker was that girl who's very closed to Chen Miao. He even checked again to make sure he didn't read wrong.

How couldー How could she be the stalker? He wasn't convinced. You're more suitable to be the girlfriend. There must be a typo here.

Anyway, the blog has long gone unactive, does that mean the writer is dead? After he confronted his stalker? The boy was reminded of that time a stranger entered his room through the window and proceeded to choke him. He shivered at the memory.

Hadー Had I continue to choose the option that reject her pursuit, would she end up killing Chen Miao? He started to panic at the thought. No, I can't do this. I can't play this game anymore.

The player opened the game to see Chen Miao lying down on the hospital bed just like him. He tremblingly clicked on the setting, and there was an option to delete his account. In the past, he often wondered what would happen if he deleted this game, would he go back to his peaceful life? He doesn't know. That sounds too good to be true, honestly, so he wasn't brave enough to press on it.

But today, he doesn't find any harm in trying. Anyway, his mother is gone. He has no one left in this world. Even if he ended up dying after doing that, he doesn't care anymore. That's much better than living in fear each day.

【Are you sure you want to delete your account?】

【Yes】 【No】

Silently accepting his fate, he clicked yes.

A second later, in that hospital room, except for the phone on top of the bed, there was no trace of a person inside.

You entered the hospital with a bunch of gifts in your arms. A shame that this wasn't for you nor did you buy this. After Chen Miao was admitted into the hospital, he, thankfully, recovered well. As a result, the teacher insisted for you to stop using the protagonist as an excuse to skip classes, so you has no choice but to relent.

Somehow, there was another rumor circulating around the school; it was said that you were disappointed by Chen Miao's coldness towards your pursuit which cause you to give up on him. This led to Chen Miao finally realizing how important you are in his life which resulted to severe depression. After a romantic confession in a hospital room, you and Chen Miao are now officially together.

You: (-_-;)・・・

So as his new girlfriend, you were tasked to bring the students' gifts to Chen Miao. Rather than his lover, I'm more like his servant. You silently ridiculed their enthusiasm when they confront you for the truth, pushing the door to your classmate's hospital room.

"Chen Miao...?"

You were suprised to find the room empty.

First of all, it was my fault; I didn't clarify at the beginning that this was actually a quick transmigration kind of story (where the mc would travel to a different world at the end of each arc) hence why this is a reverse-harem because the male lead in this arc is Chen Miao while the next one is someone else (different body, same soul actually) so mc will end up with only one person.

Also, a little spoiler: mc and her counterpart in the real world isn't the same person. She's an npc in a literal sense.