16. study date

"(Y/n)?"

You quickly snapped out of your thought upon hearing the call of your beloved. The protagonist stared at you concernedly from his seat, probably wondering why would you suddenly glare at the air. Was there some kind of bugs bothering you there that he can't see? He wasn't sure.

You smiled to reassure him that everything's alright. Ignoring the annoying people that were vigorously typing on their keyboards.

"Chen Miao," you leaned down to face him who was sitting on his chair, causing a few strands of your hair to brush against his cheeks. "Why didn't Kai come to school today?"

You saw something shifted inside his eyes, becoming darker than ever, but the protagonist was quick to conceal it, smiling innocently as he tilted his head.

"I don't know," he answered. "He went back home earlier this morning to change his clothes. Perhaps he was too tired to come to school?"

『lies!!』

『you drugged our husband!』

『hmph! look at this punk lying with a smile, totally itching to punch him.』

Drugged? You frowned. Was Chen Miao even capable of doing such a thing? You recalled back the previous timelines. It's not like you viewed the protagonist as some kind of angel free from any sins, but the protagonist that you knew was kind and gentle. It frustrated you to know that there's, perhaps, another part of him that you haven't seen before.

ーyou wanted to know every side of him; whether it would be the good side or the bad side. You wanted to unravel all of it.

"Then I guess I should ask the teacher for his address," you purposely said to see his reaction. "I'll be right back."

You weren't even able to take a single step yet but the protagonist had already grabbed ahold of your wrist, looking anxious for some reason you couldn't decipher.

"You," he pursed his lips slightly, almost pouting. "Didn't you asked me to tutor you yesterday? I'm telling you, if you went to another man's house today, I won't teach you anything at all."

『yoo is he sulking?』

『is he jealous??』

『no, he's definitely acting bc he's scared his lies would be exposed!』

Chen Miao is jealous? That fact alone was enough for you to suck a deep breath to calm yourself down, finding it endearing that he was so possessive of you, yet a part of you felt like this was just your wishful thinking. After all, think about it, what is it about you that would make Chen Miao liked you?

It's already a blessing that he doesn't remember anything. If he knew that you had been killing him multiple times in the previous timelines, you doubted he would even grace you with his presence.

"Alright," you coughed to hide your excitement. "I guess I will postpone that for later. So are we going to study at the library or somewhere else?"

『argh chen miao is so cunning! she seriously fell for that seduction?!』

『our husband's life is at stake!』

『Stfu, he ain't my husband』

『these brainless fans really think we care about their husband. it's not like he will really die. delusionals』

"Didn't you suggest the library yesterday?" He reluctantly let go of your wrist. "I have been looking at your grades in the previous exams. While you did good in geography, science, and history, you failed physic, chemistry and math, so I guess we will have to focus on that today. Here some notes and questions I have prepared for you."