002

Chapter 002 - [A decision has been made, and the foolish fool dances with his mate]

- -

I looked up expectantly at the nurse, almost as if trying to fish for some sort of clarification on her face; but then I realized quickly that I wouldn't need it.

Drip, drip.

I could almost feel liquid rushing up my body, leaving the rest of my body parched of...

what appeared to be blood.

My hands resting directly below my nose caught each and every drop, but the more it did, the lighter my head felt.

Oh... this...

is a nosebleed.

And this,

could be explained to be "discomfiture".

I felt my vision blur and hear the ringing in my head morph into murmurs like the sound of wind rubbing my ears surrounding me-- the whole world could have been spinning, and I wouldn't have been able to tell.

Well, I suppose you don't really know it until you've experienced it a second time.

Within a second, all the sounds which annoyingly rubbed my ears like an obdurate little fly,

disappeared without a trace.

* * *

"Ring, ring, ring." The bell seemed to knock to a chime all too familiar. It's the 6pm bell. School's closing soon. Strangely enough, this was my alarm clock from perhaps passing out the second time in one day. One very, very strange day. Perhaps two days, if you'd count the one I smudged my makeup on.

Like a ghost awaking from its slumber, I pushed my body upwards and surveyed my surroundings. From the window entered a redoubtable ray of light, spreading from the colour of the setting sun in the sky to the tiny little room that I was in. The room was completely dark, shy of the aforementioned ray. I had an idea of what happened--

They probably just left me here in the infirmary. Irresponsible? Sure, but I would probably do the same thing.

One question remained. What of Rui?

Then I abruptly silenced my mind. Practically speaking, thinking about him the first thing I awake from some sort of almost-maybe-very-health-deprecating half-day coma was not going to help my decision to move on from him.

One item at the lower half of my view, a sticky note, then drew my gaze-- it was in just the right blind spot. I let my hand drift closer to it as I felt my eyes getting drowsy.

Realistically speaking, a healthy and completely fit person would never go and just GET SICK. The only factor I'd consider is maybe the time travel...

"Could these random bouts of illness be related to..." I murmured out, about to complete the sentence.

Before I did, I blinked for a moment.

Purple hair...?

"To?" I zoomed my vision out to see a wild Rui bending his knees to enter my line of sight.

"!!" I let out some sort of demonic shriek as I startled myself even further.

Rui flinched only slightly at the person he'd intentionally scared.

Now THAT is awkward. I'm glad I've never had to confess to this guy and get rejected like a million times hahaha. Oh wait.

I let my head drift off into the fantasy lands of "incoming social situation I would like to avoid!" Gosh, I hope he doesn't make me continue my monologue.

"Earth to Y/N."  He saw whatever reaction going on in that plump, healthy-looking face of mine, and took a distressed sigh of... relief...? "Now how does this gleaming face behold a terribly sick body?" He seemed to trail off into his own thoughts, too.

I wasn't in my right mind. I'd just woken up. I didn't know any answers to my questions. But I didn't want him to get any answers about me.

No more than he already had.

"Dear senior," I began. "if I may ask, what time is it?" Things will be easier if he catches on to my formal tone. The Rui I know is smart. Smart, and distant.

See, if we're both distant, then likes repel. No compatibility to be had. Not that we had any to begin with.

One goal; and only one. Away from Rui.

[ “Foolish child, only in dreams do thyn abeyance of hypocritic destiny is fulfilled.” ]

My head couldn't have rejected that idea harder.

- -
Chapter 002 END

a/n tldr: oopsies i have no motivation but i'll post updates on the message tab of my profile

i finally got ch 2 out!! i have a bit more time to spare, but im really really not confident about any of my writing right now. not only am i out of practice, i feel like my burnout is right around the corner if i keep writing 😞

(⁠@⁠_⁠@⁠) anywayssss i know this chapter is really short-- i hope it feels otherwise!!

i think starting chapter 3 will help, ive had ch2 in the drafts for SO LONGG HAHAHAH

thank you for reading :) i came back to a ton of notifs on just for you & this series! (in case you forgot: it's called "if only, once again". i did, i forgot LOL) so im giving this an acronym now this series is now MSSTIHIWFBTEO2: My Second Series That I Hope I Will Finish By The End Of 2024 /hj

OKAYYY that's it really :D thank yall for sticking around. if you're ever curious how im doing, what's goin on and for any updates, i probably won't bother posting here henceforth UNLESS im picking up motivation and being able to write more hence no more hiatus!! (i wish i really do)

instead, i'll post it on the message tab of my profile :D if you have anything to say, you wanna thank me for writing a plot surrounding specifically MY FANTASIES 💥😍 you can always send something there! also ill inform all my followers when i do post something so if you ARE just that curious about how the spooky unhinged oreo monster ffey is doing you can come over and follow!

okiii thank you very very much for reading :) and sticking with me through thick and thin! (also, i do read all of your comments and see each and every one of your votes. THANK YOUUUU 🥹🥹💞💞)

have a good one
-ffey