Prologue

May 20th, 1993.
Presidential Building, Ortobirani.

It was a normal day. The sun was shining, birds were singing, people was going to work, and President Ethan was in his office reading some documents before an aide suddenly rushed in the room.

"Mr President! We need to go to the SITROM(1) now, you need to see this!"

"What's the matter Bob?" The President's curiosity piqued.

"I'll explain later Mr President, we need to go. NOW."

The President rose from his desk. He made his way into the SITROM together with the aide and sat down. The room was filled anticipation as a small group of people had gathered around him.

"Mr. President, thank you for coming. We've got a developing situation in the southern region."

"What's going on Noah?" The President asked, feeling a bit concerned.

Noah's face was filled with fear as he took a deep breath and began to explain the situation.

"Well, sir, about an hour ago, one of our radars detected something unusual. I can't say for sure what it is because our technicians and staff are working non-stop to figure it out. But one thing's for sure, it's something big."

The room grew quiet as Noah's words sank in. Everyone's gaze shifted to the president, waiting for his response.

"I see." The President responded.

"Do we have a clear picture of the overall situation?"

"Well, Mr President," Noah's voice filled with uncertainty.

"It could be anything, maybe a Sirkokian submarine, or a sea monster for god sake. And it could strike us at any given moment!"

The room fell silent.

"Mr President. For all we know, this can be the beginning of a new Great War!" He said, his voice hinting a touch of panic.

The President leaned forwards in his chair, deeply concerned.

"Have we contacted other countries regarding this?"

"We've tried to reach out to them Mr President, but it seems they're not responding."

The room grew more tense.

"Well, what are our options?" The President asked.

"Well, Mr President, the most obvious option is to take action on whatever's down there. But that risks igniting a war."

"Or... We could just wait it out-" Before Noah could finish his sentence, someone suddenly yelled.

"That is unacceptable!" Said General Smitthe.

"That puts our troops and population at unnecessary risk! Why do that when we could just eliminate it right away?!" General Smitthe exclaimed, making his point clear.

Admiral Roshen, who had been quiet until now, chimed in.

"That's right. I can't support a plan that compromises our nation's security. If we don't do anything about this now, worse things could happen later."

"I could have one of my fleets in that area in an hour, at most." Admiral Roshen added in.

The discussion continued, with various voices contributing ideas and concerns. Amidst the chaos, President Ethan is lost in his thoughts. He then raised his hand, signaling for silence in the room, and then he began to speak.

"Gentlemen, In times like this, it is crucial that we remain level headed. Our top priority is, and will always be, the protection of our citizens and our nation's security. We need to take all necessary measures to ensure their safety. But we must also proceed with caution."

"While diplomacy is preferred, we cannot afford to be unprepared. I want our military to be on high alert. Still, we must consider alternatives to conflict, for the well-being of our citizens and our nation."

"I need all of you to remain vigilant and united during these trying times. Noah, I want your top diplomats in resolving this matter. And gentlemen, ensure our men are ready for any scenario, for we need to be prepared for what was to come."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Situation Room