0 | 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

LONELY | doja cat - when you listen to the song that's listed above the chapter, I recommend slowing it down to 0.75 for a more sensual(?) feel, but it's also perfect just as it is.

it's only ever been downhill from here.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒0prologue

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒
0
prologue

TO THIS very day, Katsuki Bakugo has no idea how he ever got to this point in his life

TO THIS very day, Katsuki Bakugo has no idea how he ever got to this point in his life. How he got to where he is now, where he thinks he meets the criteria for textbook insanity.

So he'll start on the day where he thinks his true road to utter demise really started. (Though, even beginning on this day feels wrong, as he feels there were plenty of events that came before this day. Gave him hints of what was bound to come.)

He remembers the breeze, the air of the dawn hitting both him and Kirishima like a brick, so strong that not even their coats could withhold the sudden cold.

They were on his doorstep, Bakugo's specifically, when the Kirishima had offered to hang out. Just before the night ended. So they could give each other company after the long week.

He agreed. Of course he had. They've done it plenty of times before, why would he deny it?

They peeled off the coats and threw them on the hanger by the door, took off the heavy boots, and left them neatly beside the door.

..Or were they by the carpet? It's little things like that he doesn't remember about that day, ones his brain considered irrelevant.

It was a drink, two, specifically. Or was it one? Or three?

Either way, it was bourbon. Freshly opened—They'd needed it, for the disturbing case they'd occupied themselves with for weeks was finally declared concluded. A celebration, if you will.