Chapter 19

Ren: Questions / Comments / Request? / Suggestions / Feedbacks are all welcomed. I love to interact with my readers <3

===

Yamaguchi, Reiko, and the others hurriedly made their way to the lakeside upon learning that Takeda had challenged Okudera due to his involvement with three other girlfriends. Hayato spotted Okudera landing a series of punches on Takeda and immediately directed everyone towards them.

Reiko, Hayato, and Ryu took a few steps forward, but Yamaguchi stopped them in their tracks. "Don't. Stay back," she commanded. The three of them looked at her with questioning eyes, uncertain of her intentions. Yamaguchi approached them, her gaze fixed on Takeda with a serious expression that held unwavering pride. "This is his fight," she declared. Takeda understood her message, and he was determined to face Okudera in his own way.

Reiko suddenly noticed two new arrivals near the scene—the teacher from Momo Girl's High and Maki herself. Maki appeared confused as she observed the unfolding situation. "Why? I told him never to approach me again," Maki exclaimed, her worry evident as she watched Takeda being beaten by Okudera.

"Why can't you understand?" Reiko asked, taking a few steps closer to Maki. "He's doing this for you."

"For me?" Maki questioned, her gaze shifting from Reiko to Takeda.

Reiko nodded and looked back at Maki. "Takeda is fighting for you. He's trying to protect you," she explained, with Yamaguchi echoing her words as she focused her gaze on Takeda.

"Takeda may not possess great strength of will, but he has a pure heart," Reiko emphasized. "He made a mistake, but he's trying to make amends by challenging Okudera, regardless of the outcome." She wanted Maki and the teacher to understand Takeda's true intentions.

"He couldn't forgive Okudera for deceiving you and wanted him to sever ties with you. That's why he took on this challenge," Ryu explained, sharing the full story with Maki and the teacher, shedding light on Takeda's protective actions.

"Deceiving me?" Maki questioned; her voice filled with disbelief.

"He had other girlfriends besides you," Hayato clarified, his gaze fixed on Takeda, expressing his support and desire to strike back at the college student.

"Don't try to act tough, you weakling," Okudera taunted, lifting Takeda to his feet, and raising his fist. Takeda closed his eyes, fully aware of what was about to happen. He knew he would lose the fight, but he had no regrets.

Just as Okudera was about to strike Takeda, someone intervened, blocking the blow with their own fist. Both Okudera and Takeda were taken aback as Reiko stood there, catching Okudera's fist. Meanwhile, Yamaguchi approached Reiko calmly. "It's over," Reiko declared, her gaze fixed on Okudera, radiating a sense of threat. She pushed his fist away and reached out to support Takeda, while Okudera attempted to retaliate by throwing a punch at Reiko. In that moment, Yamaguchi stepped in front of him, swiftly swinging her fist nearby without making contact.

Okudera glanced at Reiko and then at Yamaguchi, who maintained a stern expression. "Please check on him, Reiko," Yamaguchi requested.

"Are you okay?" Reiko asked with concern as she looked at Takeda, who appeared weak.

"Rei-chan," Takeda replied.

Reiko nodded, putting aside the situation with Okudera and focusing solely on Takeda. "You couldn't win," Takeda murmured, to which Reiko responded with a gentle smile and a shake of her head.