Chapter 40: The fried horse mackerel is revisiting

Question: When meeting the parents of a girl after trying to forcefully kiss her and accidentally seeing her underwear, how should one react?

Answer: I don’t know… I mean, isn’t it difficult to know what to do in such a situation? I tried to forcibly kiss her, and on top of that, I saw her underwear, right?

That’s bad, isn’t it? Normally, it would be enough for them to tell me to never get involved with their daughter again. Even if the kissing incident hasn’t been revealed yet, it still makes things a bit awkward. Going to a girl’s house and facing her parents is uncomfortable.

I don’t want to go… I’m sure they already think I’m a weirdo… Approval? It’s definitely a lie.

I said some passionate words, but in reality, I’m a pervert who tried to kiss their daughter as a joke.

[Your daughter believes in you. Despite the deep-seated issues within your family, she still believes that you can make a fresh start. She has overcome the inferiority she felt while witnessing the deteriorating relationship between her parents for years and is trying to move forward.]

I said such passionate lines, but it was actually about a kiss, you know? I might collapse from embarrassment and awkwardness. They might even hit me.

…Should I bring a gift? Yeah, let’s do that.

“Uhm, senpai?”

“I already told you it’s too late to back out, you know?”

“It’s not that, but maybe I should bring a gift or something…”

“Aah, is that what you meant? Don’t worry about it. I invited you, after all.”

“No no no no no no no, since I’m intruding, I insist on buying something.”

“R-Really? If you say so…”

Alright! With this, even if it’s just a tiny bit, I won’t be looked at with weird eyes by her parents. At least not too much.

“Well then, let’s go.”

“Yeah, okay.”

During the journey. First, let’s go to the sweet bun shop. It seems to be a specialty store with thin-skinned buns and various fillings like smooth red bean paste or coarse red bean paste. They all look delicious though…

“Oh, this one looks tasty. Both Mom and Dad like sweet buns, so this should be good, right?”

“Hmm…”

Certainly, they all look delicious. However, is it okay to go for something cheap like this? I prefer something of better quality. Ah, I’ve found a good one. Let’s go with this. It’s slightly more expensive than the others, but it’s not a significant amount.

“Okay, I’ll take this one.”

“Eeh? Are you sure about this? It seems a bit pricey, and there aren’t many pieces.”

“This should be fine. I’ll buy two of them.”

“I see…”