Chapter 3 - The Truth is a Heavy Thing

I

Friday morning in the Great Hall proved to be quite a boisterous time of day. Students of all ages were excited that it was so close to the weekend and were busy planning their days with their friends.

A group of Ravenclaw girls were going to go into Hogsmeade, that had heard that Mr Hill at Gladrags had gotten new stock in. A pack of Gryffindor boys were planning a trip to Honeydukes to gorge on sweets and spend the afternoon in the Three Broomsticks. The younger years were putting together study groups and gobstones plans, some of them were bribing the older years into buying them something from Zonko's to cause a little mischief. Over by the fireplace, Imelda and other quidditch players were organising training sessions. Headmaster Black might have banned the game for that year but they couldn't become lazy, not when some wanted professional quidditch careers.

Altogether it was a typical Friday morning, filled with delicious breakfast and weekend excitement.

Until Garreth Weasley burst through the Great Hall doors, silencing everyone nearby to look at the boy who had disturbed them.

Garreth himself was scanning the Gryffindor table in search of someone specific. He was missing his robe, jacket and waistcoat, his white cotton shirt was untucked and wrinkled with the sleeves rolled up. His tie was half done and hung loosely around his neck. What got his peer's attention was the dark bags under his eyes and his dishevelled hair which looked like he had repeatedly run his fingers through for hours, it was sticking up in all directions. His eyes finally landed on the person he was looking for and began to rush down the table.

"Natty!" He yelled to catch the girl's attention. Natty, in turn, turned around at the sound of her name, and a half-eaten slice of toast hung out of her mouth. Upon setting her sights on her friend's state she instantly rose from the table to meet him.

"What do you think that's about?" Sebastian asked Ominis across the room as they sat at the Slytherin table.

"Considering that it's Garreth, he's probably properly blown up the potions classroom this time." The blonde spoke as he dipped a soldier into the yolk of his egg. The brunette watched with rapt attention on the two Gryffindors. Natty had forced Garreth to sit down, her hand didn't leave his shoulder until he had put something on the plate in front of him. She then turned around and searched the sea of students, her eyes settled on the two Slytherins. She leant down and muttered something into the ginger's ear before she made her way over to them.

"Uh oh, incoming," Sebastian murmured to the blonde between bites of his scotch pancakes.

"Oh hush, don't be like that." Soon enough red was standing in front of them.

"Natty, what can we do for you?" Sebastian asked. He rested his cheek on his fist. When he noticed the Gryffindor's distressed state he sat up at attention. "What's wrong?" Those words caught Ominis's attention. He immediately put down his toast and give the girl his full concentration.

"Since you are asking that I am guessing you don't already know," Natsi fidgeted with the sleeves of her robe, pulling herself together, she needed to keep it together and take charge. "It's about Nathan. Garreth and Professor Sharp found his last night, he's currently in the Hospital Wing." That had both of the boys on their feet.

"What?" Sebastian yelled. He had gained the Hall's attention.

"What happened?" Ominous asked more calmly, placing a hand on his best friend's arm in hopes that the action would settle him.

"That I am unsure of - I had hoped you two would have known. Garreth has been with him all night and he has barely any answers as well - before you ambush him." Sebastian squeezed Ominis's hand on his arm.