Chapter 15

Outside, the wind howls as the rain thrums harder and harder against the windows. So hard it seemed like it could break the windows. It was almost like; it could never end.
1/27/29 : 3 αm
"It's Stan. Currently, we're in the old man's cabin. We're staying here for the night until we go back to the sewers, then we'll find our way back into the city. I don't know what I'm gonna do when we get back, probably try to get that thousand dollars. Then sleep. I still can't—
–Stan, will you turn that camera off?
–Hold on, Kyle! This footage is important for the Mayor!
–We don't even have a photo of Butters. Just give it up til we see Butters again!
–Fine. Sick, dude."
*END OF FOOTAGE*
I lay down on the bed, keeping my eyes placed on the TV. Kenny lays beside me and crosses his arms. "I just wanna go home." Kenny muffles. "Me too, man." I lean up against the headboard, then slowly slide down. Stan walks over to the foot of the bed and slumps there. I fall asleep, trying to gain as much energy as I can. I wake up to the loud TV that buzzes static. In the hallway of the bedroom, the light flickers, and I quickly sit up. The light flickers once more before dimming into blackness.
I fumble off the bed and run towards the entrance of the bedroom, flicking the light switch but the light did not turn on. By now, Kenny and Stan are awake, just as confused as I am. I scramble for my bag and it takes a bit for me to even find it. I unzip it and search it, before realizing that this was Kenny's bag. I zip it back up and look for mine, and I grab it. After reaching for the flashlight, I flip the switch on, flicking it around. Lightning forks outside the window before thrumming thunder. I'm turned back to the entrance at the sound of pounding downstairs, the scratching at the front door. And then it hits me, Butters. I quickly shut the bedroom door, and lock it. "Help me move that sofa, guys." I turn the flashlight to face the big couch, and I move over to it.
Kenny and Stan get up and help me move the sofa towards the door, preventing anyone and anything from getting into the bedroom.
We all jump at the sound of the front door breaking downstairs, and I immediately walk to the window and open it. "Grab your bags. Now!"
Kenny and Stan grab their bags, and I grab the bedsheet, first tying it around the headboard and then slinging it over the window. My heart hammers against my chest when I hear the skittering of feet upstairs. Slow and heavy.
I direct Stan and Kenny to the window, and they climb down. Rain whisks into the room, and I hear the doorknob rattle and pounding on the door.
"Kyylee! Let me in! Let me in, goddammit!" Cartman's voice shouts. My stomach churns and twists, and I haul my bag over my shoulder and quickly jump towards the window, climbing down the bedsheet.
I jump down, drenched with rain. Pointing the flashlight to the sewer line, I sprinted towards it, with the others ahead of me. We peel it open and I fumble for the sewer map, thankful that I had it. Kenny goes down the sewer, then I do. Stan comes down after us and he shuts the sewer lid right as Butters storms onto the side of the house, his same horrifying features plastered. 
His fingers splayed outwards, and he's on all fours. Stan quickly speeds down the ladder, and we take off running as I read the sewer map. Right as we near the sharp turn, we take a dove towards the water and climb on out to the other side. The water was shallow, yet it was still hard to lift myself up onto the walk. We continue on the other side, making a turn to lose Butters if he had been on our tail. I pant, mainly from exhaustion, and when I hear the skittering and hollow thudding from likely farther away in the sewer, that's when I know he's on our tail. My heart is pounding out of my chest as I continue to check the sewer map for the start of the city sewers.
My legs feel as if they're about to give out, but I press on, although the throbbing pain progressively gets worse as we sprint through the sewer. The thudding and skittering stops, and I suppose we lost the creature. Diving into the sewage water again to reach the other side, we all help eachother up onto the dry walk. When we glance over to the other part, my legs begin to tremble again. Butters stared at us from the other side of the sewer, still on all fours. His hands scraped the ground, and his jaws clamped together, before grinding.
Slowly, his jaws begin to open, and they stretch wide. The head of the bearded man is pushed out of his jaws, with both his eyes missing. I hurl and vomit onto the ground, and Kenny does aswell. Kenny hacks again and begins to gag up Cartman. What was left of Cartman. I can't take it anymore. I turn and sprint off, and the others follow after. We run as fast as we can, and I look back at the sewer map. Finally, there's a ladder. I get ready to lunge for it, but I know whoever might be last might be the next to end up dead. So instead, I push Stan and Kenny infront of me, and they quickly lurch up the ladder, with Kenny pushing the lid of the sewer hole up. Butters begins to thrum closer, and I quickly grapple onto the ladder, but just as I'm about to get up, I feel a hand wrap around my leg.
Nails dig in, and I can feel the searing pain enter my whole body, spiking through as I'm yanked downward. I attempt to grab onto the ladder and climb upward, but as one of my hands reach outward for the next ladder step, the other hand grapples onto my leg. I cry as the other set of nails embed into my skin, and I can feel the blood. Stan reaches for me and grabs onto my coat, attempting to pull me upward. "Come on, Kyle!" Stan urges. "I can't, Stan! You go without me." I feel tears choking up at my eyes. "What? No!" Stan's voice cracks. Butters gurgles, and his jaws split open, elongating then digging into my leg. I scream in pain and release my grip. Kenny pulls Stan back and closes the sewer hole.