Chapter 13

-Lux-

"But why can't I wake him!" Ace asks, looking down at Ash. Mr assassin didn't even wake when we came in, and Ace literally tripped and fell over his own feet.

I blink at him, wishing I could mentally murder him because he's an absolute idiot. Let's not forget how annoying he is.

"Let him sleep!" I hiss, pushing him away. Ash looks incredibly innocent and adorable just sleeping there. His mouth is slightly open and he's kinda snoring. But that's not the best part, I don't have to deal with his 'I don't give a fuck' attitude. Ash is super chill, but he can be a real ass.

"What about me?!" Ace asks, not whispering. I roll my eyes as I ask, "What's that supposeta mean?"

"Do I get to sleep," he can't stop himself from smirking, no matter how hard he tries the corners of his lips keep jumping. Because I notice this, I say, "Yeah, do you want me to tuck you in?"

He rolls his eyes playfully as he says, "Sure! Mom."

"Don't call me that," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Does it upset you?" He asks, leaning closer to my face. I spin around, ignoring him.

"Lux? You there?" he asks, messing with my hair. I open my mouth to retort when I see Ash's bag sitting beside the bed, I don't think twice as I snatch up.

"Heeey, Lu-oh? What're doing?" He asks, setting his chin on my shoulder.

"I dunno," I say, feeling my face burn.

"Are you going to open it?" He asks, tapping my arms.

My face burns more as I push him away, "What! That's kinda rude, dontcha think?"

"He just left it there," Ace says, smirking at me. I roll my eyes as I say, "Why don't you just go to sleep? Huh? How's that sound?"

He rolls his eyes as he turns around, "Fine, I'll just go to sleep. If that makes you happy." He looks at me over his shoulder to add, "You sure?"

"Go away," I mumble, rolling my eyes. He smirks as he continues to walk towards the bed, and once he makes it he just sits and stares at me.

"Is there something you want?" I ask, sighing. He shrugs before saying, "I want to see what's in the bag."

"No," I say, even though I was planning on going through it once he fell asleep. I don't know why Ace is tired, but I'm not gonna ask him to stay awake.

He tilts his head at me and pouts, "Why not?"

"Beca-why do you want to rest, actually?" I ask, setting the bag back down and slowly walking away, careful not to wake Ash. He stirs just a little before going back to snoring.

Ace lets out a long sigh before saying, "Because us specials need to recharge and...my skills are odd."

"But didn't you get plenty of sleep last night?"

"Yeah, but my skills are odd!"

"And Ash? He looked extremely worn out, even though he has self-healing." I turn to Ash, a pit forming in my stomach, "Is he defected?"

"Uhhh...maybe..."

I let out a short breath. Defected specials are rare, they usually are defected because they're mixed or they go through something that puts way too much strain on their skills. I wouldn't be surprised if he was forced to overuse his skills.

"Wait! Are you one?!" I ask, turning to him. He turns pink and turns away, not answering. I gasp, in between surprise and laughter, "Ace! Damn! You're number three!"