Chapter 34

-Lux-

We're back on track!

At least I am.

I knew it would be easy to find Ace, that's why I waited so long.

It took a few hours to get to the destination and now I have to figure out how to get in because I'm not 21.

It says he's in there. In the club right in front of me. He better not be drunk...

Stop thinking nonsense! You need to figure out how to get in. Not only am I too young, I don't have proper identification. Should I wait until he leaves?

No! That's such an idiot move! Do you want to die!

Hmmm.

"Do you want to get in?" Someone asks behind me. Their voice is smooth and gentle. I spin around to see it's one of Midnights nights, the one I fought.

Midnight is standing not far away, and when we make eye contact she makes her way over, "Hello! What's your name again? Oh, whatever. You look lonely."

"What do you want," I ask, monotonous.

"I wanted to make a deal!" She says, rolling her eyes.

"What kind of deal?" I ask, taking a step back. She chuckles before saying, "I'll make sure you get in if you bring me Ace to let me fight him!"

"What!?"

"I'm pretty sure I spoke clearly."

"I-I don't know," I say, shaking my head. She sighs and crosses her arms, "I'm giving you a pretty good deal."

I chew my lip and look back at the boxy building. It's interesting, with neon shapes running up and down the outside of the walls and the rest is black making the neon paint pop. It's very set apart from the other buildings surrounding it, with a finely cut grass behind a small black and metal fence.

"It is pretty good," I say, acting like I'm arguing with myself. She winks and I can imagine she's smirking under that mask, "Yes, who else can guarantee the entrance of an underage normal?"

"I do have one question though?"

"Hm?"

"How can I know I won't be kicked out?"

"Why would I send you in there to get Ace just to have you kicked out? Kinda breaks the entire deal," she rolls her eyes again before adding, "Do you want it or not?"

"Sure," I say, forcing confidence into my tone. She nods and grabs my wrist, "Okay, come with me. What's your name?"

"Why?"

"Because I need something to call you, now what's your name?"

"Lux."

"How about... Lucy Walker?"

"Okay, and you?"

She sighed and shook her head, "You can call me Esme."

I nod and she continues to pull me to the entrance.

"Hello! This is my guest Lucy Walker, we need to get in so just add her entrance to my tab," Midnight says, letting go of my hand to remove her mask.

She's beautiful, something I'd see in the RS. She has soft features and a cocky smile.

"I don't want to deal with the hassle of checking us out, okay?" Midnight (well I want to call her Esme now) says, spinning a lock of her black hair around her finger, "Okay?"

"Yes ma'am," the guard grumbled before letting her in. Esme lets out a dramatic sigh when music booms in our ears. I say dramatic because I could hear it despite the music.