Sound of the Horn

Ateya was sitting on the beach surrounded by kids. She loved kids, they were so carefree and full of energy. She was helping them make jewelry and crowns out of seashells the kids had previously found. Everything was nice and easygoing. The kids were learning fast and none of them were bored. They loved Ateya and Ateya loved them. It was easier to hang around little kids than people that were actually your age.

"Teya look! Is this pretty?" A little girl asked. Ateya looked at the piece of jewelry in the girls hand and smiled,

"It's beautiful Lolani you're doing great!" The little girl gave her a smile and looked down to continue working on her piece. After the girl asked, the rest of the kids also started asking her. Ateya praised their work every time they asked.

After a while Ateya and the kids decided to go home and continue the day by doing other activities. Ateya took this chance to go out and swim. She called an ilu and happily swam around the reef for about 45 minutes. After that she let the ilu go and decided to just float around to calm her mind a bit. Not much time went by before she heard the sound of the horn.

"Weird."Just as she opened her eyes she spotted five ikrans flying to a nearby beach.
"Even weirder" she thought. She quickly called the ilu back and rode towards the area where the ikrans had landed and were now being surrounded by her people.

As the ilu got closer to the shore she spotted Tsireya right behind her.

"Teya! Wait for me!" Tsireya called out. Ateya decided to stop her ilu and wait for Tsireya since she didn't want to go alone.

" What is happening?" Was the first thing Tsireya said when she caught up. Ateya turned towards the crowd and noticed how the newcomers were a dark blue unlike the Metkayina which were more of a turquoise color. They had a few differences which helped Ateya quickly come up with an answer to Tsireya's question.

"Forest people."

Author's Note
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this first chapter. I'm sorry it was a pretty short chapter but I promise the next couple of chapter will be longer.

I'm not 100% sure if I should make the next chapter in Lo'ak's pov but let me know what you think.