Chapter 7

"Sir Trawley?" The king called.

"I am here, my king." The knight replied, withdrawing his blade and kissing the hilt.

"Lord Mongrave?"

"I am here, my king." The man repeated, mimicking the action.

"And my sons?" The King squinted into the crowd. He was sat before everyone on a risen golden throne, and before him was a table of those that pledged fealty to his cause. Over his marred face he wore the mask of a lion and a platinum suit of armor. The practically glowed with resplendence, what with the morning light flittering in and handsomely illuminating the marble hall with tall tall windows and a humble table at its center.

"I am here... my king." L'thean rose and said, though not without pain. It would have been customary to kneel and to refer to him as father, but L'thean knew that it was dangerous business to make nice with his father. He was here for one purpose, and it was not to mend their relationship. 

"L'thean Dubh..." The king bellowed. "My only obedient son."

L'thean scowled, as he could practically see the sneer on his father's face even behind the mask. He knew what it did to L'thean to be referred to as obedient, but wise and reserved as the prince was, he only nodded, taking his seat.

"This marks the first meeting of the assembly. It is the 24th of Yule, and the moon is full." He declared, and a short balding man who sat at a desk down below, wrote these details with a feathered pen. He had been the king's right-hand man since the fall, and his name was Befir.

"I have gathered the leaders of our kingdom here that agreed to my summons-"

"The princes have arrived!" Came a man's voice behind L'thean, and turning, found 4 tall and beautiful men who came waltzing in languidly. They sparkled with jewels and fine robes of the butteriest of silks. 

"Our apologies father! The blasted carriage hit a pothole and we had to mend the wheel by ourselves!" Ker whined, dusting some imaginary road off of his spotless cuff. "We really must consider paving the way to the kingdom." He amended despite how ridiculous of a request this was, and opened his fan before his face to keep his amusement from the king.

Ker was the firstborn. He had long blonde hair, a fair complexion, and blue eyes. The picture of father when he was a youth. His mother had been an ice fairy, and even to this day, though the physical chill was absent from his form, there was a certain amount of coldness to his demeanor that made one question why his namesake mirrored "Care", as he had none of it.

Second was Adwar who had deep skin with dark locs and blue eyes. He was born of a warrior fae woman from Egypt and was a towering man. The tallest of his brothers by far. He enjoyed showing off his feats of strength and many accomplishments. Always trying to grow stronger, and larger. He'd arm wrestle a child and break its arm in the process if only to have a small ego boost.

Third was Dayarus who was the son of the warrior fae's sister. He had blonde hair which he kept short and had brown eyes. He had been born sleek of body and enjoyed intellectual pursuits as opposed to the physical. He was considered to be the smartest man in Tir Na Nog, though the king had been the one to grant him this title. L'thean minded him the least as, though he had the same amount of empathy as his brothers, he tended to keep to himself and his intellectual pursuits.

Fourth was Dain who had long curly red hair, golden tan skin, and hazel eyes. The son of a Turkish fire elemental and L'thean's largest adversary. Not only was the man constantly at L'thean's throat for his own entertainment, but he had a terrible lust, and would rut with a tree if it were wearing a skirt. L'thean detested this behavior. Women were a distraction, and if Dain weren't proof of this, 2 thousand years old and as wise as a mortal toddler, then nothing else was.