012. The Spot Fight..

Brooklyn, Earth-1610

chap 12. the spot !

Near the end of the Spider-Verse HQ in Nueva New York, tucked away in a secluded corner lies a mysterious and intriguing space, known as Miguel's base of operations. The massive room was barely lit up, with only traces of light emanating from the machines located on his high platform above in the air.

The air felt heavy, carrying an aura of anticipating and secrecy, that matched how he was currently working with the many computer screens in front. Dressed in a tight, white jumpsuit that had his Spider suit under, his full attention was on the constant moving video's on the screens.

Once he was down with a few, he swiped them away with a flick on his fingers, and brought up more information to do with anomalies or the multiverse. His eyes would sometimes glance at one specific screen he had up on top of everything, and saw two familiar figures of whom meant the world and more to him.

Miguel's hand went to reach out and tap on the paused videos, but stopped mid way with a conflicted expression, and sighed sadly to himself. Closing his red eyes for a second, the male tried to recollect himself to focus on the task at hand.

He couldn't avoid to lose focus now, and let his mind slip back into what it once was. There was no more fun, and sarcastic Miguel he was showed (Y/N), no that verson of him had to be let go. In order to save everyone, save her from the massive threat building up, he wouldn't allow himself to slip up again like he did before.

Opening up his eyes again, Miguel's normal cold and neutral expression was back to facade, and without thinking twice swipes away those videos he wanted to desperately to play. However, before he actually could do such thing, something rather someone had pushed the files back directly in his view.

"What-" He snapped his head left quickly, a scowl over his forehead as he spotted Lyla, the one who had stopped him from getting rid of those files, "Why did you do that?!"

Lyla appeared in front of him now, and crossed her AI arms over her hologram chest, "You think I'd let you throw that away?" She questioned strongly, "I know how much (Y/N) means to you, Miguel."

Their was an almost immediate shift in the atmosphere hearing her name fly out of Lyla's mouth. Miguel's nose flared a little bit, and scrunched his knuckles up by his sides, "I can't let her get in the way of this, not again. Not after finding out that-" He didn't finish his sentence, as his words got caught in his throat.

"She won't, you know that." Lyla told him with a knowing look, and uncrossed her arms over her chest to sit mid air, "If she's anything like that one, then you have nothing to fear."

He shakes his head at her words, and turns his broad back away from the AI, glancing down at the familiar red bracelet tucked under his wristband, "That's what scares me, because she's exactly like her."