~becoming friends~

(Y/N's POV):

I gulped as I walked into school, immediately feeling like I had just stepped into enemy territory. I stuffed my stuff into my locker, going as calmly as I possibly could, despite the fact that my hands were shaking quite a bit. It was still very early in the morning, so I was quite tired.

I got up, making my way to my class and sitting down at my desk. Since I was so early, I decided to draw for a bit in my notebook. I wasn't aiming for anything in particular, just whatever came into my mind at that moment.

"Ooh, that looks interesting!"

A sudden voice jolted me from my daydream. I turned around, checking to see who it was.
It was someone with lavender hair. I didn't recognise them, and they seemingly didn't recognise me, either.

"Oh, thanks..." I felt my cheeks heat up from the compliment. My voice was quiet.

They pulled a chair up next to me.

"Hey, I don't think I've seen you before..." They said, inspecting me closely.
"Oh, uh..." I clasped my hands together, letting out a shaky breath. "Y/N. Y/N L/N."
They gave a warm smile, which made my heart skip a beat.
"Nice to meet you, Y/N!" They greeted. "I'm Najimi Osana!"

I smiled, knowing I had made my first friend. In my head, my braincells were partying like it was the last night on the world. I didn't blame them. Making friends was usually a nightmare, at least, before now.

Before I knew it, Najimi and I were great friends. They were also non binary, so they were ecstatic at the fact that there was another person like them in the school. The more I talked to them, the more I seemed to admire them. They really were a great person to be around...

The day soon drew to a close. Najimi walked home with me, along with two friends: Tadano and Komi. I recognised Komi from the people who seemed to be absolutely infatuated with her, although she didn't speak a word. Tadano seemed... average, to say the least, but that aside, he seemed to be nice as well.

"So, you live nearby?" Najimi asked.
I nodded.
"Yeah, I live just down the road."
"Oh hey, our houses aren't too far apart!" They smiled. "You should visit mine someday!"
"I'll look forward to that!"

I looked down, feeling a sense of shyness overwhelm me. Now was the part we were supposed to part ways. I felt gutted at the idea of having to leave, but life goes on, I guess. I did the only thing I could think of.

I hugged Najimi. They quickly reciprocated the embrace. I could feel myself going beet red just from the mere act.
"Thanks..." I mumbled.

I quickly let go of the hug, feeling my brain start to melt.
"Well uh- I suppose I should get going!" I stammered. "See you tomorrow!!"

I sped off, embarrassed at what I had done. I rushed into my house, heading straight into my room, burying my face into my pillow.
I don't have a crush on Najimi. Not at all. I repeated the words in my head more than I could count.

Najimi would never date someone like me! They've got better options!

Before the thought could leave my head, I began to fall asleep.

(A/N: i don't usually post on wattpad that much, and this is my first actual fic on here - if you can call a oneshot collection a fic. but i enjoyed writing it, and i hope you enjoyed this chapter! i'll be back soon for another chapter!)