Chapter Three

Amelia woke up the next morning feeling an extra body in her bed. Startled, she rolled over to find her little sister Rose asleep next to her. "Goodness Rose! What are you doing here? You startled me!" Amelia woke up Rose.

"I am sorry Amelia, I just could not stay in that room with Cal." Rose explained, hoping Amelia wouldn't be mad.

"I do not blame you there little sister. I cannot stand to be in a room with him either." Amelia joked, but she could tell Rose was upset. "So, what really happened last night Rose?"

"Well I was um standing on the outside the ship railing thinking about jumping. I just could not stand the same conversations, same boring parties, Cal, and mother anymore. But then, Jack Dawson showed up and talked me out of it. When  I was climbing back over, I slipped and Jack pulled me up." Rose explained. It broke Amelia's heart that she felt as if she did not have another choice but suicide.

"Rose! You cannot marry him. He is making you want to kill yourself! And I might not know much about marriage, but I know your future husband should not make you want to kill yourself." Amelia said sternly. She was not happy with Cal at all!

"Amelia, I don't have a choice. Mother needs me to marry him." Amelia was sick of hearing about what their mother needs.

"Whatever Rose. Do what you want, but I better never hear of you trying to kill yourself!" Amelia said as she got out of bed. "Come on, go get ready and meet me to go get tea in an hour." Amelia pulled her sister out of the bed.

"Okay I will be there, but what is going on with you and officer Lowe?" Rose could feel the tension between them last night.

"What do you mean, Rose? There is nothing going on!" Amelia said, getting flustered.

"Stop lying to me Amelia! There was a tension between you two last night. I also happen to see him walking you to your room and you placing a kiss on his cheek!" Rose wanted her sister to tell her the truth. She knew there was something going on between her older sister and the officer.

"Because your fiancé made him feel awful! He said hurtful things to him last night and I just wanted to kiss him on the cheek!" Amelia finally admitted to her sister. Rose sent Amelia a teasing smile.

"Look I know there are probably rules for him to follow about pursuing a passenger, but it seems like he might risk that for you. How he was looking at you last night told me everything I need to know." Rose was ecstatic that her sister had finally found a man she was interested in.

"And how did he look at me Rose?" Amelia had no idea what her sister was going on about. Harold was just being friendly with the passengers, which was apart of his job. But she knew deep down that was a lie, she knew there was more to them than either of them want to admit.

"He looked at you like you are a goddess Amelia! He looked at you like he would protect you from anything. You can say he is just being friendly with the passengers Amelia, but we both know that is a lie. Both of you are attracted to each other, even if you do want want to admit that." Rose explained and Amelia bit the inside of her cheek, trying not to smile. "Talk to him Amelia."

"I cannot be the reason he loses his job Rose. I would never forgive myself and besides, he is really a hard working person who would not blow his job for a woman."

"Amelia talk to him. Tell him how you are feeling, at least then you will have a true answer." Amelia nodded, agreeing to talk with Harold at some point. "Now, I am going to go get ready. I'll be there in about an hour to go get tea." Rose rushed out of Amelia's room, leaving Amelia in her thoughts.

As Amelia started to get ready, she thought about Harold. She hated that he had taken over her thoughts. She had only known him for two days and he already taken over. She had been so intrigued by officer Lowe from the first night they met and she did not know why. As much as she did want to pursue him, she did not want to be the reason he could lose his job.