Chapter One: The Horror Begins

It had been months. Luffy has been feeling like he's being watched for months, but every time he looked there was nothing he didn't understand what was happening.

"Zoro, I'm serious I feel like someone is watching me!" Luffy yelled, angry that none of his friends believed him. He was overwhelmed and felt crazy. I know it's real, I'm not making this up!

"Okay, say someone is watching you, why?" Zoro responded. His voice sounded as tired as he felt and he was annoyed Luffy kept bringing this up. "Why would anyone in the world watch you, of all people?"

"I don't know!" Luffy whined, "It's freaking me out..." He whispered, voice tired. He knew he wasn't the most attractive person his friends made that very clear. So, why would anyone watch him? He has nothing to offer them, he's not good-looking, and; he's not very smart either.

Huffing in annoyance, he slammed his locker shut, getting ready in a changing room for P.E.

"So? There is no reason to overthink not shit goes on in this town." Zoro reasoned, waiting patiently for his friend to get done.

"You're probably right," Luffy sighed, quickly leaving the changing room. "It just makes me uncomfortable feeling this way, and sure I could defend myself if anything happens, but it's annoying feeling like this all the time."

Zoro nodded, agreeing. "C'mon, Shanks is probably gonna beat us into the ground since we're late."

Luffy shuddered, scratching the scar on his cheek. "Yeah, yeah, let's go."

____

Luffy needed help, and he needed help badly. The boy was injured, bleeding out with a slash across his chest. His friends disappeared, and he doesn't know where they are.

Oh, right, they're at the mall. I'm supposed to meet them. Luffy thought, grasping at his wound, breathing heavily in pain.

"Please, someone help me," Luffy called as he couldn't do anything else. The attacker remained unknown to him.

Luffy heard footsteps as someone walked closer to him, and a beautiful, tall, black-hair female walked up to him in concern. "What happened? Are you okay?" She asked as she walked closer to the injured boy.

Luffy grew tense as he didn't trust this lady, "Yeah, I'm okay," He responded, trying to look closer at her.

"Don't worry, I want to help you, and we can help each other. I understand how hard it must be, but I will help you. You can trust me, okay?" The lady responded, squatting down to his level with a small smile.

This is too good to be true, Luffy thought, avoiding eye contact with the unknown woman. How'd she get here so fast? I got attacked no more than a minute ago.

"Okay," He whispered. His dark brown eyes clashed with bright red ones. The lady smiled as she picked him up with ease, her hands slightly shaking, her red eyes scanning the area.

Luffy was shocked she could lift him like he weighed nothing, and that sinking feeling of dread crept up his stomach again. "Where are you taking me?" Luffy asked as he was starting to panic when they passed the hospital.

His question remained unanswered, and after the feeling of something pricking his skin, he was out cold.

When he awoke, he was in a dark room, a metal feeling against his wrists. Luffy panicked, worry blurring all his thoughts together in endless confusion, and he felt like throwing up. "Oh, you're awake," A voice said.

Luffy glared at where the voice was, putting his worry in the back of his mind and facing the enemy before him. "Who are you?!" He yelled, trying to move toward the voice with no success as the sounds of chains snapping together echoed around the dark room. His heart sped as he began realizing his circumstances.