015.

Nia

"Where is Bean? Please pick up," I mumbled once I pulled up to the gated community that he gave me directions to.

My nerves were still bad from the thought that Damian was following me. Although I knew it was impossible, because I saw no signs of him on the highway, I was still scared. I had gotten away from him once, so I knew the next time we crossed paths, I'd be a dead woman.

"Yo," he answered.

"I'm at the entrance. You didn't give me a gate code to get in," I told him.

Bean sent me the gate code, and I quickly put it in. I would feel 100 percent safer locked in a community that Damian knew nothing about. Plus, there was a security guard outside in a booth to assist anyone who did not have a code. That damn sure wasn't up Damian's alley. After the shit he just pulled at the store, the last thing he would want to see is anyone dressed in a uniform.

I felt relieved after entering the community and making it to that first stop sign. The neighborhood was beautiful. The homes looked to be about three stories high, with huge yards. It was dark, so I couldn't see much of the neighborhood, and to be honest, I wasn't trying to. All I knew was it seemed to be a safe area where people with a whole bunch of money lived.

When I pulled into the driveway, the garage door opened, and I paused. There were no lights on at the home, so I instantly got a lil' nervous because why was the garage door opening? I looked down at my phone, which had started to vibrate, and picked it up. I quickly answered it after seeing Bean's name across the screen.

"You can pull into the garage. I'll set the security once you're inside, so you're good until I get there. I'm on the way, Ma," he spoke.

"Okay, I'll be here waiting for you."

"Bet. Make yourself comfortable. You need anything?"

"No, I packed a few things from my house before I pulled up to the lake, so I should be good. Thanks anyway."

"I ain't talking about clothes, I'm talking about food. There are a few places by the crib to grab some take out if you want any of that."

"No, I'm good. Thanks, anyway."

"Aight, be there in a few. Make yaself comfortable," he said and then hung up.

I did not budge once I hung up the phone. Instead, I sat inside my car and reclined my seat. I didn't feel comfortable roaming around his house without him there. I was not some groupie ass bitch who was excited to be in a mini mansion with a club owner. As a matter of fact, I can't even tell you why I was really at his house. I had just come over because I had nowhere else to go. Crystal had betrayed me in the worst way, and Damian left me with no money to my name to get myself a room for a couple of nights. I was just out there, lost, confused, and didn't have the slightest idea of what I would do next.

The first thing that came to my mind was the fact that there was a dead man at the store I had just left. What if they had me on camera and tried to arrest me? What was I gonna do? I couldn't go to jail for something I had nothing to do with! Rion would try to lie on me and make me go down for it, and I was losing it just thinking about it. There was so much going on to the point that it almost made me go insane. I needed someone to talk to, someone to hear me out, someone to hear me cry. I needed someone to tell me everything was gonna be alright.