11 } Nightmare Fuel

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

I GUESS IT MAKES LOGICAL SENSE WHY LOPE AND MARS FEEL THE NEED TO BABY ME. Sleep is important. Obviously. I get it. But I've gone continuous nights without it, and it's different when I lose that kind of rest compared to when they do. They're still kids - to me at least.

It is good though. Shows that their humanity is still intact. That they're not going insane. I'm not sure if I'm insane yet. I mean I'm not...crazy. Just...used to it all. I lost a lot before this apocalypse - so this place may seem like hell to others, but I was already there. 

I can admit though, that I feel like shit, and the first thing I'll be doing when we make it to ACE, is sleeping. At that point I don't care for keeping my eye out. We'll be secluded in a safe zone - and even if I decide not to trust any of them - I know damn well the lot of them won't try killing me. 

"Usually we'd cut through here," Lope points straight ahead through a town's road with her arm, "But last time we went through we saw a bunch of widows."

"...widows?" Mars repeats.

Lope cringes before facing her, "Yeah...you never seen one?"

"Like a spider? Yeah, I've seen a spider before-"

"No, no, shit sorry," Lope quickly shakes her head, "They're zombies."

Oh. I know what she's talking about. Back at the safe camp I was stationed at we called them climbers. The kids at the camp referred to them as 'The Twisty Ones' - when really, they aren't twisty, they're broken. Physically detatched.

Now...the best way to explain one, in my opinion, would be a normal person - just their limbs turned backwards and their fingers grown incredibly long. Hence the nickname climbers. They usually stayed in tall buildings - the canopies of trees. Which is another reason I was awake most nights. In case any climbers were above us in the forest. 

I also prefer the name widows. That actually makes more sense for them. I'm using it. 

"They're like the wendigos from Until Dawn." Lope says.

What even does that mean-

"Oh shit." Mars' face immediately scrunches up, "Yeah fuck no - what long way are we taking instead?"

"That's the thing." Lope sighs, "It's widows...or the bikers."

"Bikers?" Mars repeats with a frown. 

"Yep. To avoid the widows we'll have to sneak past where they've been reported around most frequently." Lope nods.

"I pick bikers." I say quickly. I've seen climbers - sorry, widows - before, and they're what nightmares are made out of.

"I pick widows." Mars counters with the shake of her head.

"Yeah, I'm team widows." Petra agrees.

"Well, I'm bikers." Nari walks over to stand by me. Clearly this one is smart then. I'm guessing he's also seen them.