17 } Unsheathed

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

IT WAS SCARY, HOW QUICKLY EVERYTHING WENT DOWN. One second I'm watching the Ken-Doll looking biker get his brains fucking exploded mid air and making a thick loud sound as his insides drop to the ground - the next I'm getting pulled behind masses of people by an arm. 

The bullets from EVA are ricocheting from behind me as we weave through the crowd, and even more people, masses of them, are killed. I know because I can hear their bodies hitting the ground behind me. Despite this though, it's better for us to get lost in the crowd. When people start screaming and freaking out - even more chaos is evoked. 

I feel safer in the tsunami of bodies, but I can still hear gunshots surrounding the perimeter - so my heart continues to beat at an increasingly rapid pace before I'm slammed against what I think could be the back of an ice cream truck or a van or just a massive fucking car. 

It gives me time to see who's been leading me this whole time - and oh! It's my lucky day. Mr. Helmet has decided to both save my life but then also kill me because there is no way I will be able to continue breathing when in vicinity to him. 

"What the fuck is going on?" I call to him over the sounds of screams and gunfire. 

We're deep in The Slums now. Without any more biker protection. Just the two of us - fuck, Blake and Sylvie better have not gotten injured in the crossfire - and none of Helmet's little biker gang left to give us scary dog privileges. 

Although this camouflages us into the people, it also puts us in more danger. I have reason to believe the only reason we were untouched before was because of the quantity of bikers storming through The Slums, without that group of people, we're easier to kill. And I have a feeling a lot of people from The Slums may or may not have beef with Helmet. 

"They didn't find any use for us anymore." Is all he gives me before he pushes away from where he was previously pushing me up against the van, "C'mon. I know a place we can wait it out."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I say instantly, jumping to look over the still squirming crowd of people to try and spot Blake or Sylvie (or, fingers crossed, both).

"You have no choice." Is all he can tell me. And despite my hatred for him, he has a point. Right now, I should stick with somebody. Or deal with either EVA, zombies if I get alone, or the onslaught of members of The Slums who I doubt will be anything but kind. The people here aren't people they're the gruliest and most violent survivors. There, I have heard, is a difference.

"I'm not in your hands anymore." I tell him, "And the only reason I'm coming is because-"

"Blake, whatever, I know. This way." He interrupts, grabbing my wrist again and proceeding to dip us back into the screaming crowd that has had trouble scattering thanks to the quantity of people that reside in The Slums.