Chapter 2

Michael isn't sure what he's looking at. Well, he does know that he's staring at a man lying face down right where KITT was previously parked, but... at the same time, he's completely lost.

There's an unconscious man in front of him, and KITT is nowhere to be seen.

At least, that appears to be the case, because Michael has a very weird feeling that this man is KITT.

Which sounds impossible. But considering how strange this case has been from the start, and the fact that KITT was saying that he felt strange. Then the storm that literally came out of nowhere, and the resulting power cut....

Approaching the man slowly, Michael looks him over, before he's lifting him up and carrying him into his motel room. Where he sets him down on the bed, removing the man's soaking wet coat.

And he just watches him in what little light is shining into the room from outside. Absolutely unsure what the fuck to do now, considering the power is still out so he's unable to phone Bonnie or Devon.

But even if he could phone them, he has no idea how to explain this to them.

The man mumbles something in his sleep, shifting around, but he doesn't wake.

And Michael has no idea how to deal with this, as he clearly recognizes the voice to be KITTs voice, just a lot more human.

Jesus fucking Christ....

His car has somehow been turned into a human....

Although, Michael won't deny that he had thought about what KITT might look like if he were human rather than an AI computer in the shell of a 1982 Pontiac Trans Am. Because he has very much thought about what he may look like, and honestly, from what he can see in the little amount of light shining in from outside, he looks somewhat close to what he had thought he would.

Except, he looks a bit younger than he had expected. He looks about mid to late twenties, maybe, if he had to guess. He doesn't know how old he expected human KITT to be, certainly not his actual age of only a few years, but he had expected him to be a bit older than he himself is.

He also looks quite a bit shorter than he thought he would. Not that he had expected that KITT would be very tall, or even the same height as he himself is, because he is quite tall. He had more expected KITT as a human would be around Devon's height. But from what he can tell, he appears to be around Bonnie's height.

God, this is all so damn strange, and Michael has no idea what to do about it. Never did he think that he'd ever be in this situation. But here he is, standing by the bed in a dark motel room with his car, now a human, lying unconscious on the bed.

This has to be all one big dream.... There's no way that this is really happening. He must be dreaming. And he'll wake up soon either inside KITT, or on the very bed he's lying on. And KITT will still be a Pontiac Trans Am sitting and waiting for him out in the parking space in front of the motel room.

Unfortunately, this feels all too real. It feels far too real to be a dream, and the only thing Michael can even think of to explain how this has possibly happened, is the case that they're currently working. That maybe there is truth to Laura's claims after all, and now KITT has been affected.

Why turn him human though, rather than just messing with his programming or capabilities, Michael hasn't much of an idea.

Then again... all of this makes KITT, and even himself, quite vulnerable with KITT no longer being his usual self and without all his gadgets. So... maybe this is the perfect way for this supposed witch to dampen their capabilities.