we belonged.

There she goes again. Looking like an angel.
He could stare at her for hours, just admiring her beauty. And her smile… That was another thing he liked. She had such a beautiful smile it made him want to smile even more. Her hair was soft and light brown as well. Her eyes were a dark shade of blue. He could look into them forever. Her skin was flawless. Her body perfectly shaped.
He couldn't take his eyes off the girl walking towards him. She looked like a fairy. Her hair moved softly behind her with every step she took. It was almost impossible to believe that she was human. She wore a white blouse and a blue skirt. She had her cute bunny earrings on and a black belt around her waist. And those little silver heels! They added to her charm. He loved seeing her like this.
"I thought I told you not to come today." she said to him, smiling slightly. Her voice sounded sweet. Like honey. And her face. Those big expressive eyes. How he wanted to reach out and kiss that pout from her lips right now.
That didn't happen though, because he wasn't supposed to. Instead, he smirked as she walked closer to him. "Oh, I know you did. You never do anything without me around," he replied while looking down at her, making sure to keep her in his sight.

"I wanted to see my beautiful princess and take her out.. tsk, you even dressed up even though you ask me not to come." Haru playfully rolled her eyes.
"I knew you'd come anyways, Zach."

It was difficult, being so close to her. Her smile grew wider and she leaned forward until their faces only inches apart.
It felt like they both forgot what they were doing there. All they could do was stare at each other. Zachary couldn't believe he got this lucky. To be near her. This beautiful girl who made his heart beat faster. This girl he adored so much, no one else could ever compare to. He is finally in a relationship with a girl he loved. He reached out and gently grabbed her hand, holding it lightly between both of his hands. She looked shocked. Zachary knew she expected something to happen. She pouted.

He took the advantage of teasing her. "What's with the long face?" Zach added with a chuckle.
"What was that?"
"What was what?" Zachary smiled "innocently" pretending not knowing what he did.
"Oh, you know what you did! You look like you were gonna kiss me earlier.." Haru said with a hint of shyness.
"So? What if I did?" Zach asked with his usual smirk. Haru playfully smacked his chest. "That's for teasing me!"
Zachary then pulled her by the waist and give her a quick peck on her lips. "Forgive me?"
"You're forgiven," Haru said in her sweet voice.
He gave her another peck before letting go of her waist. The two went back to walking hand in hand. Zachary kept stealing glances at Haru from time to time. He would see her smile. Or giggle. Or blush.

He loved everything about her.  He hoped that when the time came he'd get to show her all the amazing things he saw. Like how the sun shone brightly against the lake. And how flowers bloomed beautifully all around. He also wanted to show her how wonderful of a person she was. Someone who always puts others first. Who always cares for her family. Someone who always put everyone before herself. Someone whose mind worked so fast. So clever. So hardworking. Everyone was proud of her. And Zach wanted to show her that too. He wanted to share everything he found beautiful with her. Everything good about her.
They spent the day together. Her favorite place was at a park. Haru has always preferred being in a quiet and not so crowded places. Zachary was also the same. He liked nature and the fresh air. But Haru's spot was special to him. After spending many days and nights with her, he felt completely comfortable there. He didn't feel pressured. No matter how much he tried to make her laugh or talk with him. His presence alone was enough to make her happy. And after a lot of convincing. He convinced her to let him bring her to her favorite place.
When they arrived, Haru stared at the view in awe. "This place... Is beautiful..."
Zachary smiled fondly, watching the way her eyes sparkled as she talked about nature. He wanted to kiss that pout away.
But before that...
He held her hand tightly and tugged her towards the bench at the center of the park. He sat down first, pulling Haru with him. Then he turned to face her and faced her with his knees crossed, placing both his hands on them. Haru seemed confused at first, but soon she understood what he meant and did the same. She rested her hands on top of his and placed her chin on top of them. Their eyes locked. Zachary couldn't help himself. Not now.
Their moment continued on for several minutes. Neither dared to break it. Both of them enjoying the peaceful silence of nature and each other company. Zachary couldn't have been happier. Haru was perfect. Perfect for him. And he was ready to spend the rest of his life with her.
As much as he enjoyed these moments, he wanted to end it, just as Haru had. He wanted to show her how amazing she was.
So he decided to change his plan.
Slowly but surely, he started to move closer towards her face, still maintaining eye contact with her. She opened her mouth to speak, but before any words could come out, his lips touched hers. Her eyes widened as he kissed her. Zachary pulled away quickly to let her recover. She looked surprised. And her mouth hung open. Zach smiled at her. He waited patiently for her reaction.
She blinked a few times before smiling, taking his hands between hers and pulling his head closer to hers. She pressed her lips against his for a longer moment than Zach anticipated. She pulled away, leaving him breathless and dazed. "Wow…" she whispered.
"Yeah. Wow," he chuckled. "That was my plan all along."
The corners of Haru's lips curled up. She hugged him. Zach wrapped his arms around her small frame. She nuzzled her nose against his neck. He inhaled deeply, smelling the scent of her shampoo. The smell reminded him of home. Home was where they were. Where everything was warm and inviting and welcoming. Where she smelled the nicest, most comforting.
Zachary wanted this forever. He wanted to hold her, love her, cherish her and protect her. He wanted to marry her, have children and raise them together.
He wanted to tell her that. He wanted to say all the things he wanted to say to her since the very beginning. Sure, he had expressed his feelings before but somehow he couldn't do it. Afraid she might uncomfortable. Afraid she might feel awkward and embarrassed around him. Afraid that it may scare her away.
Haru, however, was different. She already knew how he felt. She accepted him. She trusted him. She believed in him. She cared about him, more than anything. She made him feel complete.
Her touch felt like sparks of electricity running through his veins. Every touch sent shivers down his spine. He could feel himself getting weak in the knees. He was afraid of falling asleep. Of losing this feeling he was experiencing. He didn't want to lose her yet.
"What's wrong?" Haru asked, worried.
"Nothing..