Chapter 24 | Spar

Previous Chapter:

I realized that this was something that he blamed himself for everyday, something he could not forgive himself for, maybe even kept him up at night.
_________________

I woke from my sleep, with the sun still rising. As if on cue, Puffy came into my room to help me get ready for the day ahead.

I smiled as I stretched, "Good morning, Puffy," I greeted.

She was already in my armoire, searching for an outfit for me, "Good morning Ms.y/n, good rest?"

I smiled and rolled my eyes, "Puffy I said no formalities, and yes, I indeed had a good rest."

"Okay then... Y/n, time to dress for breakfast, then after that you have sparing with Sapnap, then meeting with Dream and later lessons with George," she said as she picked out a sage green gown.

I groaned as I got up to grab the dress from her, "Sounds fun..."

I looked closer into the dress that was bejeweled a little on the neckline with emeralds. This place certainly had money to spare.

As I put it on and sat on my vanity, Puffy began to unravel my braided hair, which reminded me with my conversation with Sapnap yesterday. Maybe I pushed him too much, it was already enough for him to trust me with what had happened to his family.

Puffy settled with a half-up and half-down hair style and sent me down.

I heard light murmurs from the dining room, the guards let me in which turned the three heads.

A low whistle came from George.

Dream said, "You do look good in green," a playful tug pulled at his lips.

I suddenly felt self-conscious of my dress, as they all wore their normal clothes.

I let my gaze shift to Sapnap who had am innocent smile on his lips, which made my heart melt a little. From the way he looked at me, I looked down with a blush as a sat next to him at the dining table.

I indulged in the feast that had been prepared, too much for four people. There was fruits, bread, baked goods, so much.

As I sat at the table with them, as they joked, I could feel their masks that they wore lift. I was no longer with these cruel people, but 3 lifelong friends. I felt it every time Sapnap would laugh at George and Dream's bickering, or every time Dream let out a wheeze-laugh, or when George had a sparkle in his eyes as they joked. There was no talks of war or battling or L'Manberg, just love.

My silence and observing was interrupted when Sapnap slid his hand over my lower thigh and to my hand that rested there.

I whispered in his ear while Dream and George bickered, "I'm sorry."

He looked at me with confusion, "For what?" he whispered back.

"For yesterday night, I shouldn't have pushed."

"I was going to apologize for leaving like that, it's hard to speak on my past." He said.

I nodded, "Thank you, for trusting me."

He looked down at my lap and squeezed my hand.

"I believe it's time for us to spar now, I hope you've improved since last time~" I announced to the rest of the table.

"I was going easy on you," he scoffed.

We finished our breakfast and left to spar. I quickly got dressed into something more appropriate for fighting and met him in the training room.

Nothing changed from my last time in. I walked over to Sapnap who held a wooden sword in his hand, I grabbed one as well.

"You are a better fighter than me, but this is only to keep both of our fightings fresh, especially since George never spars with me." He said.

"I hope I don't tired you out," I said.

He followed me with a feline grin on his face to the center of the room. We stood facing each other, our guard up. He counted us from three until we began.

To be honest, I was going easy on him. This was to keep us persistent, and beating him over and over wouldn't help him. So I began blocking all his hits, never hitting back, I let him get himself tired.

"Your hits are getting predictable," I told him.

He looked up shocked for a second then back hitting, "I didn't know this turned into a lesson."

"Do something like this," I demonstrated a move that caught him completely off guard, my sword now pointed directly at his chest.

His mouth gaped from the suddenly movements.

We practiced the move over and over again until he perfected it.

I settled my hands on my hips, "There you go," I said while I put my sword back on the rack.

He came to my side, putting his sword away, "I'm learning from the best," he pecked me on the cheek.

I felt a rush of heat come to my face. Was this a regular now? The casualty and security of being able to show admiration freely, no longer having to hide at the SMP border. It felt like a privilege.

I grabbed his hand with both of my own, "I should meet with Dream now," I said, not wanting to delay the meeting any further.

He smirked, "Of course, I'll see you at dinner, Y/n."

I felt his eyes on my back as I walked out, I looked back one last time to see his forearms rested against the sword rack, and his eyes solely on my figure as I walked out. He shot me with a toothy grin as I turned back around and bit back a smile.

Now I would meet with Dream.