Chapter 3: Near-Loss

Peter's Aunt and Uncle got back, he looked at a magazine that had cool cars on it. He tried to get a car for awhile, but his Uncle just won't let him get one. But now he can get one.

He then saw an ad that said, "Need Money? Armature Wrestlers! Get $3,000 Surviving Bone Saw For At Least 3 Minutes!" He then got a red hoodie, red mask that covered mouth, yellow toned goggles and blue pants and began to train with his brand-new gadgets.

'Hey, guys," said Peter, rushing to the door, "I'm heading to the library."

"Oh," said Ben, "let me drive you there, Pete."

"Oh, no, I'll take the train."

"No, no, I need the exercise. See you, May."

"See you, Ben." said May.

...

When Peter and Ben reached the library, Peter felt nervous. He knew Ben wasn't driving him here because he needed the exercise.

"Thanks for the ride." said Peter, rushing out of the car.

"Oh, hold on, Pete," said Ben holding Peter's sleeve, "we need to talk."

"Oh, but we could talk later."

"Well, we could talk now...only if you let me."

Ben unbuckled his seat belt. Peter felt himself getting more nervous than before. He didn't know how to ditch his Uncle.

"Wh-What's so important to talk about right now?" asked Peter.

"Because we haven't talked in a while." Ben answered.

Peter hated to admit that the old man was right. He's been ditching his chores, getting late for small jobs at home. Now he has all these "weird" experiments in his room, as Ben put it.

"You start fights at school-" Ben continued.

"I didn't start that fight, Uncle, I told you that." Peter snapped softly.

"You for sure as hell finished it."

"W-well what was I supposed to do, run away?"

"No, no, you're not supposed to run away. You're..."

Ben sighed. Peter didn't want to run away. And with this apparent new power, he could possibly beat up Flash if he truly wanted to.

"...Pete, listen, you're changing, I know, I went through the exact thing you went through." Ben said.

"Well...not exactly...I mean..."

Ben slowed down and tried to make sure that he just wanted to let his nephew know that these are the years a man changes into the man he's going be for the rest of his life.

"Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility." Ben finished.

"You and Aunt May afraid that I'm gonna turn into some kind of criminal? Quit the worrying about me, Uncle, something's different, I'll figure it out, stop nagging me, please!"

"No, no I don't mean to nag you, and I know that I'm not your father-"

"Then stop pretending to be!"

Ben stopped talking as Peter snapped. He could see the hint of hurt in his Uncle's eyes. He wished to apologize to him, but the words just stopped.

"...right...I'll pick you here up at 10..." Ben replied slowly, then gesturing, "...go...go."

Peter got out and waited until he could see Uncle Ben's car no more. He then headed to the location where the wrestling's gonna take place.